What can I do to remove a Facebook page in my organization’s name?

Allison Rieger Waggoner August 10, 2012

Someone created a Facebook page for my organization, Christ Church Lake Forest, and we don’t know who. We don’t know the user ID, the password or the email address associated with this page. We can’t update it because we don’t have this info. The page is dormant, nobody is really posting anything and there are hardly any members.

We would like to get this reset to our organization with our email and user ID or have it deleted so we can start a new page. How do we do this? I have followed some advice and tips but nothing has happened. Please advise on the best course of action to take.

1. Stephanie Guertin

You have to contact Facebook. They have admins that can do this kind of thing - it will take you a lot of time, though. The forms don't seem to be read by a human, and most of them ask you to produce a utility bill for the address/company to prove you are you.

2. StefanyBaez

Well the bad news is you can't really do anything about it since you have no access to the page and don't know who created it. This has happened a lot, even with celebrities and those pages haven't been deleted or taken down.

The good news is you can always create your own page, promote it and make sure everyone knows that YOURS is the real one, and the other is a fake. You are lucky they aren't set out to harm your oranization or it could get ugly :/ Luckily, they aren't even using it.

3. Suman Acharya

you need to contact the admin of that page. i don't think there is a way to delete or modify page created by other.

4. Roshin idi

Click on The Gear icon And click "Is This Your Business"

See Pic Below for reference

https://minus.com/lbrmaE4MiUEA68