How can I remove entries from the right-click menu?

Alex April 12, 2010

Now, before you jump down my throat I know there was a post about this at //www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-add-remove-entries-from-the-right-click-menu/ How to Add & Remove Entries from the Windows Right-Click Menu How to Add & Remove Entries from the Windows Right-Click Menu Everyone loves shortcuts. Meanwhile, your context menu is cluttered with entries you never touch. We'll show you how to customize the right-click menu with shortcuts you'll actually want to use. Read More

But I am having trouble. I downloaded GIMP a while back, uninstalled it and I now have the option remaining in my right click menu.

GIMP in right-click menu

Then I installed Photoshop and have the Adobe Drive option as well. I would like to kill both of the options

So, I tried the way described in the article above, but to no avail. I can’t find which file is the one with these applications! Even when selecting the folder there is not enough information to determine which ones they are.

registry editor

registry editor

Any guidance on how to get rid of these right-click menu options?

Note: I was trying to avoid having to download something just to do this..

Alex,

were you able to remove those entries from the right-click menu? Please let us know how you did it!

Alex,

Thanks for detailed question. Here is what I recommend.

1. Based on your Open With contents I suppose that screenshot was taken upon viewing right click menu on some image file (hence there is Gimp option). Which means that for that certain image file type(s) you have Gimp set as a default program. This can be easily fixed.

See How To Set Default Programs, File Associations & Context Menus Easily

For the other issue I recommend trying a couple of other right click menu editors i.e. MMM Free and XdN tweaker.