How do I remove Dropbox from my Samsung Galaxy S?
Question by rolex /

I don’t have a Dropbox account, and I don’t have Google+; so how did pictures on my Samsung Galaxy S show up in a “Dropbox” on my phone, and how do I get Dropbox off my phone?

• Sy

To delete dropbox. Just go to play store updates. Select dropbox
    Then click uninstall. Worked for me..

• Stephen May

Can you please advise me how to delete drop box from my samsung galaxy S
    As i want to delete some photos.
    Thank you.
    S.J. May

• Alicja

I removed all the Drop Box folder from Samsung Galaxy II by Google account – services-photos-you can see your photo album made in Climb – and you can remove all or only one photo. Regards!

• Jeet

Did u delete the pics from your Galaxy S?
      please let me know how did u clear the pics..

Regards
      Jeet

• mohd

HOW TO DELETE DROPBOX PICS IN SAMSUNG Ace,s2,s3?

GUESS THIS WILL HELP YOU .FIRST STEP go to google search type picasa web.com ,then log into it then u will find folder like scrapbook ,drop box which contains pics then click drop box and go top u will find captions like add pic,print , action etc

go to action then click delete album.

STEP 2
      SAMSUNG GALAXY

GO TO APPLICATIONS >SETTINGS>APPLICATION>GALLERY>THEN CLEAR YOUR DATA OR CLEAR CACHE
      LAST STEP RESTART YOUR DEVICE

THEN YOUR DONE !!! ;) ;)

• Shel

I have a galaxy s3 and I did the deletion of albums on my computer in my google-picasa account as mohd directed. (I didn’t even know I had a picasa account nor do I know how those pictures got there). On my phone were two profile pictures, one in a Dropbox album and one in a “profile picture album”. So I deleted the albums off the picasa using my computer. Then I did something different on my phone. I went into SETTINGS–>ACCOUNTS AND SYNC–> GOOGLE. In that GOOGLE account you can sync different parts of GOOGLE , one of which is SYNC PICASA WEB ALBUMS…you can sync this account separately….so I synced it…and the DropBox pic and the “profile pic” album disappeared off my phone. Hope this helps.

• TANYA NELSON

THIS WAS THE PERFECT ANSWER! JUST TRIED ON MY COMPUTER AND WORKED! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• mohd

I GUESS THIS WILL HELP YOU .FIRST STEP go to google search type picasa web.com ,then log into it then u will find folder like scrapbook ,drop box which contains pics then click drop box and go top u will find captions like add pic,print , action etc

go to action then click delete album.

STEP 2
    SAMSUNG GALAXY

LAST STEP RESTART YOUR DEVICE

THEN YOUR DONE !!! ;) ;)

• cassandra

how can I remove my Installation manager Galaxy S

• Andrea

I had a similar issue in that I couldn’t remove Dropbox from my Samsung Galaxy SIII (though my Dropbox installation had been intentional by me, unlike OP). The ‘Uninstall’ option was not available in Application Manager on my phone. I had to uninstall Dropbox from my PC and it then disappeared from my phone too. Not sure if this would help at all but thought I’d put my 2c worth in.

• Joel Alar

if you want to remove your dropbox from your S3, please go to settings then application, select the dropbox from the application lists then select uninstall/remove.

• Max Geislinger

Maybe it’s just a folder called “Dropbox”?

perhaps the phone offered you some free Dropbox space if you register via the phone. Check that if you like it.

I think the Dropbox app might had come into your phone via update or preinstalled by your carrier.You can try uninstalling it from setting –> Applications and select dropbox to clear data and cache if uninstall button is greyed.

It’s better to freeze that app rather than uninstalling it so as to prevent any instability issues in your phone –

http://www.howtogeek.com/115533/how-to-disable-or-uninstall-android-bloatware/

• rolex

I can’t find an app, anwhere, but this is good to know. Thanks

• Kannon Y

Try registering your phone with the browser/computer you’re using and going to the Play Store. Look up “Dropbox” and see if the computer recognizes a pre-existing installation on your handset.

Try three steps: If your phone doesn’t recognize a previous installation of Dropbox, (1) install it. Then (2) go into the app and disassociate all your accounts from Dropbox. Then (3) UNINSTALL it.

A improperly uninstalled/sync’d app can give the symptoms that you’re experiencing. However, there are quite a few faults that can cause the issue you’re currently experiencing.

The advantage of using this particular method is that you can verify whether or not Google recognizes a previous installation of the DB software on your handset.

Hope my advice was useful!

• Rick

I have the same problem. I never asked for or downloaded Drop Box. I don’t know what it is and I don’t want it!!! It won’t go away like a festering sore oozing with puss……

• Vipul Jain

you must have dropbox installed and dropbox has this feature of adding new clicked images from camera directly to the dropbox a/c. But if you say that you don’t have a dropbox a/c then that is actually strange.. :o
    You should remove the dropbox app in that case.

• rolex

I can’t find a “Dropbox” app on my phone, and I don’t ever remember downloading one.

• Vipul Jain

are you rooted?
      if yes, install titanium backup and check the entire list of apps which is generally not visible via “Manage Applications”.
      If not, then i guess you should talk to a Samsung customer care guy!