How can I remove a dead pixel showing up in all images and videos taken with my digital camera?

Osama Javaid April 14, 2012

I read something like this in my digital camera manual that the dead pixel is only on the LCD screen of the camera and it has nothing to do with the images and videos taken with the camera.

BUT in my Canon PowerShot A800 there is a dead pixel (red coloured), which is not only on the screen, but also appearing in the shots and videos. This is so annoying because all images and videos have this big red dot visible on the frame. Please don’t teach me the photo/video editing to hide the spot, I want to remove the dead pixel, I want a permanent solution.

1. Indronil Mondal

try the iso settings and the light sensitivity adjust it try to take photos and see which works best it it still doesnt go send the camera to authorised service center

Well, that would indicate a problem with the CCD which would need to be replaced.  It may end up being cheaper getting a new camera rather than paying for the CCD to be replaced though.