How do I remove Computrace LoJack from my laptop?
Question by Marco Saenz /

I want to remove Absolute/Computrace Lojack from my laptop. They use a persistance software that I believe is placed in the BIOS. I want to be free of big brother – how can I remove this?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Mac OS X & Software
Mac OS X & Software
Mac Switchers
Mac Switchers

• Smokey99

Computrace Lojack is built into the BIOS; assuming you purchased the laptop from one of the few manufacturers, you can only flash the BIOS if an update is provided by the manufacturer. However, I would recommend trying to locate any reference to the program in your BIOS and disabling it. 

Additionally, you can find some additional information from this site. 

http://prowiki.isc.upenn.edu/wiki/Removing_CompuTrace

Hello, Am a little hesitant about answering this questions because there could be many reasons why this needs to be done.  One obvious and probable option could be to update/reset BIOS.  To accomplish this for sure, why not reformat computer with a disc, making sure not to use the hidden recovery partition would work.