How can I remove my browsing history from Google Chrome’s quick launch icon?

Sahil Dave April 24, 2012

I need to remove all the most visited pages which you get when you right click on the quick launch icon. I have cleared all the data “from the beginning of the time” several times but no use. All the pages come back after Windows is restarted. Same goes with the method in which you select “remove from the list” by right clicking on the page.

Is there any other way to remove the pages?

1. Declan Lopez

in the top right corner of the website icon there is an x that you can click to remove the page

2. guthagowtham

Use CCleaner. You can download it here.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

3. Sachin Kanchan

if you mean you want to remove the websites that appear on the new tab page->

you can try this-
    -move you cursor on the launch icon of the site, slowly move it to the top right corner of the icon.
    -a cross or a (x) mark will appear . click on it
    you're done

4. GamerJunkdotNet

You can download Click&Clean from the Google Chrome store for Windows https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod?hl=en-US

This will erase all activity for you automatically if you choose to set it up that way whenever you close your browser.

5. Kyem Ghosh

there can be a solution with c cleaner. But why to use any different software when you have the facility in your browser itself? I must inform you that many of the recently released version of chrome had many bugs which had many issues. In some, you can't even open the history and the bookmarks. But the latest release is a very good version its 18.0.1025.162. Download it from filehippo.com or any other trusted site like it!!! Best of lck

6. Mjevolve

just set the Chrome to not remember any History .

go to its settings and change the Browsing History Parameters .

or

browse InCognito or InPrivate mode . this mode does not keep any history records what so ever .

and

do scan your PC with Malware Bytes and SuperAntiSpyware ( both free ) , just to be sure there are no spywares in the system .

7. RayInLV

First Try CCleaner...