How can I remove the AV security suite virus from my computer?

pati anderson August 21, 2010

My computer is infected with the AV security suite virus. It first changed the proxy server, so I can’t access the internet (found that out too late). Now the keyboard or mouse do not work (I’ve tried different ones). It is a Power Spec running Windows XP. I was using EST virus protection.

Sorry can’t tell you more, I am not real computer savvy. Wondering if there is some program I can put on disc from another computer to fix it or what? No clue here. Thanks, Pati

You may also try BitDefender Rescue CD, herad lots of positive things about it. MakeUseOf just diid an article on it, BitDefender Rescue CD Removes Viruses When All Else Fails

2. metahawk

A simpler approach that I used may work for you. Depends on how much damage has been done. Boot up into Safe Mode which should stop anything auto running and then use the built in System Restore feature to roll back to a point before you got the virus. Messing about with the registry is not something i'd recommend for the casual user.

Pati,

Smokey99 forgot to provide the address of the page he/she copied the instructions from, which is http://www.removevirus.org/av-security-suite-759 . Of course, you'll need internet access to watch the video...

AV Security Suite Manual Removal Procedures

The first step you must take in order to remove AV Security Suite is to stop the following process:

* [random]tssd.exe [random].exe Normally 6 random characters

Top Stop this process you can either browse to the file location and re-name the file like we did in the video above, or you can download our process killer tool under SOFTWARE tab above. Be sure to download the one already re-named explorer.exe

Also Internet Explorer and or Chrome will not be able to connect to the internet in many cases. You need to remove the proxy setting first.

The next step in AV Security Suite removal is to delete the following file:

Windows XP:

* %Documents and Settings%[UserName]Local SettingsApplication Data[random characters ][random characters]tssd.exe

Windows Vista/7:

* %User%AppDataLocal[random characters ][random characters]tssd.exe

You may not have the tssd.exe anymore at the end. However it still have the random characters and is in the same folder paths as above.

Once the above steps have been completed, AV Security Suite is mostly gone from your computer. Even if in most cases this step would ensure that no other malicious software are present on the disk it is still recommended to scan the entire PC using genuine security software such as Spyware Doctor with Antivirus.

AV Security Suite Registry Removal Procedures

Removing files and folders alone is not sufficient to completely remove AV Security Suite. The following keys and settings should also be removed from the Windows registry to complete AV Security Suite removal:

* HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareavsoft
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareavsuite
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREavsoft
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREavsuite
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerDownload "RunInvalidSignatures" ="1"
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings "ProxyOverride" = ""
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings "ProxyServer" = "http=127.0.0.1:5555"
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesAssociations "LowRiskFileTypes" = ".exe"
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesAttachments "SaveZoneInformation" = "1"
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun "[random]"
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun "[random]"

Updated Regsitry traces: May not apply to you

* HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTVirtualStoreMACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeAVSecurity (and AVscan)
    * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftTracing######tssd_RASAPI32
    * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftTracing######tssd_RASMANCS

You should now run a full security scan to ensure no other threats are installed on your computer.
    AV Security Suite Directories:

* Vista and Windows 7 Users: %User%AppDataLocal[random characters ]
    * XP Users: %Documents and Settings%[UserName]Local SettingsApplication Data[random characters ]

• Patianderson3

Thanks, but I guess that I am even more ignorant than I thought. I can't find the video you mentioned, can't find the process killer tool in software section. Would you send me direct links, please? Could you tell me, once I make a disc of the process killer tool and put it into the infected computer, will I be able to use the mouse and keyboard to delete all the stuff that you told me to delete? Thanks, Pat