How can I remove apps and block access to my contacts on HTC Sensation XL?
Question by Hester Baur /

I bough a HTC Sensation and struggling to remove Facebook, Twitter and other apps tracking my location and my contacts.

Is there a way to remove these apps?
How can I protect my contacts and location from access by apps?

• Jay.0

There are some apps that blocks or alerts when apps uses your information:
    Privacy Protector :
    Permissions Denied :

You can browse facebook and twitter from browsers instead of applications.

Hello, one option you have is not use those applications in your phone at all.  I know they occupy space but if you do not mind that, don’t even touch them.  If you touch the facebook or twitter apps for the first time a document should tell you what they access. As long as you select I do not agree those apps are there but they are not accessing anything. From my understanding you can only remove those apps if you root your phone.  These applications are installed in the ROM inself.  Sometimes the apps that come pre installed in a device have to do with service provider…not phone manufacturer. 

Another thing you could try is disabling the use GPS satellite and use wireless networks option, latitude and maps.  For your phone to be tracked, GPS has to be on.  For latitute and maps to work GPS satellites have to be on.

— settings
    — location and security
    — uncheck:
    use GPS satellite
    use wireless networks