How can I remove ad-hoc WiFi settings from my mobile phone?

Jo October 5, 2011

Got a smartphone and was trying to figure out settings. I accidentally set up a peer to peer ad-hoc network on the open WiFi connection where I work. I need to delete that setting from my phone, but can’t seem to figure out how to do it. I want to be able to use the WiFi, but not in ad-hoc, as I can’t access the internet now. Can you please help this idiot figure out what I did and how to fix it? Thanks.

Hello, I would say your best bet is to create another network with the settings you want.  When that new network is setup a you are connected to it, navigate to the ad-hoc network and find the setting for removing that network.  The remove setting should be there, it is probably not showing because you are still connected to that network.  If that does not work, you can try as the other have suggested and try resetting the phone.  It would be helpful if you could provide your phone model.

seems that the phone switched from the Cell mode to the WIFI Mode