How do I remain logged in on MakeUseOf?

Vampie C. September 4, 2012

Is there a possibility to stay logged in on this site? Every time i come back, I need to login again.

Thank you.

1. Vampie C.

I have cookies enabled
    I log in with google and never log me out of google
    I've even disabled adblock

I'll mark it as answered, but IT IS NOT.

Apparently there is no permanent login

• Dalsan

There really isn't a permanent login solution to this site. I don't work for nor am I affiliated with this site, but I think there is a timeout on either the cookies or the site itself unless using a social site login that you don't log out of, but doesn't work like that for most people. It is actually safer not to be constantly logged into any site, but that isn't very convenient. There might be an option later on as they are still adding and changing features.

• muotechguy

I'm not sure how to answer this, because the default behaviour IS to keep you logged in. There IS NO TIMEOUT on the cookies, and personally it always keeps me logged in, so if this is happening to you then I suggest you check out your cookie settings again, and perhaps Google settings too: there could be something that says "log me out of third party services after each session" in security somewhere.

2. GrrGrrr

for me also, it logs me out. I log in with Twitter.
    so looks like there is no permanent solution

3. Usman Mubashir

Try using google account to log into MUO from Chrome, If you keep chrome to constantly signed into your account then maybe you remain logged into MUO, if this doesn't work, leave a MUO tab opened when you leave.

4. Alex Steklyannikov

Why not just remember to keep signed in to Facebook then just click the FB button and it'll log you in without the need to faff around with Usernames or passwords.

• Kylee Kanavas

Well i dont have a fb account. So how does that help?

If you don't logout from the account(like Google,Facebook,Twitter) you used to login into Makeuseof,then you will stay logged in.

6. Erlis Dhima

Just press the log in button! Convince yourself that the first thing to do in this page is to log in!
    (That's what I've done myself, since I didn't find any solution, and not so interested in it! I think it's all to do with the time your account can stay logged in when you are not online in the page! What I've found is that, if you stay more than 12 hours without opening the page, it will say you to log in again! - I think something like that, but I'm not quite sure! -)

7. Yosef Maayan

Make sure that you have cookies enabled. Also try logging in with Facebook, that may make a difference.