What are the most reliable memory cards for mobiles and tablets?

Drsunil V June 9, 2014

Which brands of memory cards for mobiles/tabs would you suggest as reliable in addition to Transcend and SanDisk?

Besides Transcend and SanDisk,I would say Samsung is good.Moreover,it's a greater manufacturer of semiconductors.

• Dr.sunil V

What are you views about Kingston sd cards?

• Susendeep D

I think and see Kingston to be not so reliable as compared to big names.

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks. Do you think that a Kingston card would work as long as a Transcend card in same device?

• Susendeep D

Recently,I've seen reports from people complaining about its write speed not par upto what's advertized for.So,it gets a beating here.

• Sunil

I understand

Kingston can be reliable if purchased from secure sources, many USB keys sold as Kingston turned to be fake not sure about memory cards since i never had that problem with Kingston brand.

• Dr.sunil V

Got your point , Mr.Hovsep

I'd recommend Samsung cards that are rated as shock and water resistant, which I think Chinmay mentioned. I say this because it is more resistant to damages from dropping the device and moisture than some of the other cards that are available. Generally, though, SanDisk and Transcend are most commonly found and used.

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks. Please tell , what are your views in comparing Transcend with Samsung in regards to durability and overall popularity

• Dalsan M

Samsung seems to be more reliable and popular worldwide, but Transcend is more commonly found in devices that people purchase. I wouldn't call anything that is more commonly found already in devices to be more popular, just more common.

All the well known brands are reliable. In addition the brands already mentioned, I've found Verbatim, Intenso and HP to be good.

Just for background info, a small number of companies make the actual memory, an even smaller number make the controllers and the rest just mount them on a printed circuit and package them. In other words, it's not the quality of the components that differ, but the quality of the design and the mechanical build. The best advice would be to read reviews from people who have purchased the model you are interested in.

• Dr.sunil V

I understand

4. Oscode

Micro SD Cards Are Most suitable !

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks dear

5. Alyce C

SanDisk, Transcend

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks Dear! Please view description section of this question

6. Chinmay S

Samsung EVO 32GB is the best microSD card for phones and tablets. Please see this site to know why this memory card is better than SanDisk and Transcend.

• Dr.sunil V

thank you dear

Kingston, Lexar, PNY

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks. Thats what i was implying to know