Why do I need the release pin for when unlocking my Blackberry Storm?

patotong December 6, 2010

What is the ‘pin’ that seems to be important in relation to unlocking phones, other than the code to unlock the phone?

1. Dharagaba

Hello friends,

I want a help regarding my blackberry 8830. I 3 times wronly entered the pin code and now my phone is freezed up. I can only take up calls but my menu is not working and even I cannot make calls from my phone plz help out!!!

2. Mostafa Khaled Beige

To release the pin of your blackberry you got to call you service provider like ( AT & T , T mobile , Vodafone and sprint ) , just call them and ask them to release your pin so it can be registered on another carrier , there is another way but it involves finding another BB of a friend on your carrier and doing some steps

• Patotong

hi, mostafa.....what are the steps? my wife has a BB that i can play with.

• Mareezinha

yeah, what are the steps pleeeeeeeeease!

3. Saikat Basu

A PIN (Personal Identification Number) is a security code preventing unauthorized access to your device. In GSM mobile phones, the PIN is normally associated with the SIM card (not the phone) and must be entered each time the phone is switched on. If a wrong PIN is entered three times in a row the handset is locked until you enter another code, called a PUK code.

Both the PIN and the PUK codes are supplied by the operator, but only the PIN code can be changed by the user.

• Patotong

hi, saikat, i was wondering if this is the pin that comes up when the BB is plugged in to desktop manager.