Can I reinstall Windows 7 on my laptop using my friend’s copy?
Question by KamilKozyra /

I have a Toshiba laptop that needs to have Windows 7 reinstalled. I have no disks of any kind with it.

I can borrow a disk my friend used to reinstall Windows 7 (from scratch) that came with his HP desktop.

I saw other question asked here, but my question is can I borrow that disk (from HP) and use it in my Toshiba? What about the product-key?

• prasad kondaveti

yes you can

• imran

i have lost my boot dvd for formatting windows 7,so how can i formate it

• Ilemobayo Owaseye

yes

• Kamil Ko

For the responders that can I cannot use the HP disks – would it cause any major problems or just not work?

• James Hanley

i also forgot to say you can buy a windows 7 install disc from ebay for under 10 pounds ,you can find the product key using jellybean key finder which you can download from the internet.

• James Hanley

not likely you would need to buy a new product key as it can only be used once you will get a grace period of 30 days to activate windows after you install windows 7 ,also you cannot use your friends disc as it likely is only usable in a hp computer.

• Paul Pruitt

I think it might be important that your friends disk be of the same version of Windows, by that I mean Home Basic, Home Premium Pro or Ultimate, as the product key says it is under your laptop.

• Aniket Singh

u can use it but it will be a called as pirated……..coz it is used by another user…..u can also download fake windows for any torrentz site with product key….

• Jim Chambers

Most newer Toshiba laptops have a recovery partition that you access by holding down the zero key while powering up the computer until a recovery menu appears.

• Kamil Ko

It’s an L775-S7352. And course I was going to use the key on the bottom of the laptop.