How can I re-install Android on my Sony Xperia Neo L?
Question by Dhiraj Jaiswal /

By mistake I deleted the Android OS from my Sony Xperia Neo L. Now I want to install a fresh OS on my mobile.

Please can you help me with the details and an installation guide? Thanks.

• Yannick

Hello, I also have a problem with the Neo L, I haven’t attempted anything special with it, just daily use but I didnt do some app updates that I thought were useless(ie: facebook integration in the functionalities of the phone).

Now the phone wouldn’t start, when i press the power button it vibrates to confirm it is starting, but the sony logo never appears and the screen stays black.

I can see the back light behind the screen, but it just stays black. It has done this for 4 days, and would start normally one time out of five after I put out the battery, the sim card and the memory card(only 412mb left as free memory) but I didnt manage to start it at all today. Once the phone is on it can go smooth but it happened 2 times that I receive a call and realize my screen is black and i cannot even receive the call since the screen is not working.

Do you have any idea how to solve this since I cant even start the phone?

• mohammed atiq

How to copy paste facebook message & status how to install jelly bean new android update

Try pressing power + Volume down and see whether it enters into recovery mode.

• Vampie C.

Can’t you just reset to factory settings?

That should give you a new clean install on your phone.

Check here : http://www.how2reset.com/reset-guide/hard-reset-xperia-neo-l-to-restore-factory-default-settings

• Kannon Y

Hello Dihiraj!

It sounds as if a bad ROM flash occurred, rendering the phone unbootable (AKA bricking it). Is this what happened? There are a variety of conditions that can result in a phone that won’t boot – any one of these conditions do not mean that the phone’s operating system was deleted though. Android handsets are designed specifically to prevent deletion of the core operating system files, unless you have root access and/or an unlocked bootloader.

If you did unlock it and did not perform a proper backup, then you may have some problems. First, Sony is pretty hostile toward users who unlock their bootloaders. It has been reported that Sony has refused to repair any phone with an unlocked bootloader.

Second, unless there’s already a custom recovery (I believe they refer to this as “update mode”) installed, the situation described means that the phone is unrecoverable, since you will have no means of flashing the original factory image or your backup image.

However, if you never unlocked the Xperia, then Sony might offer to restore the OS, especially if it’s still under warranty. I would definitely pursue this option if you haven’t unlocked the phone’s bootloader.

If you did unlock your phone and installed a custom recovery, made a backup, etc.., then consider some of the links below:

This tutorial explains how to backup your phone. It also (in the links section) contains links to everything you’d ever want to know about flashing, updating, etc… I highly suggest that you watch this video. There’s also a link in here about how to perform a flash and update.

This XDA post has a link to download the full firmware for a VERSION of the Neo L. There are quite a few versions of the Neo L. It’s important that you find out exactly what version you have.

This post explains how to flash a new firmware.

Good luck!

• dhiraj jaiswal

Thanks dear to understand my problem, really i don not know exactly what happen . but i know what i did. I was trying to root my phone and i was trying this since last three days. i got all required files from XDA forum. I started flashing as per instruction, My flashing was done successfully then i realized that i forgot to unable usb debug but unfortunately that was too late, My data was already deleted from my phone. After that my phone was not able to boot. When i connected my phone to Sony Pc Companion and run recovery and update it given me message that “OS NOT FOUND”.
      Today i given my phone to services center and told me if there is any software issue then it will done buy tomorrow and if there is any problem with the hardware then he has to send it back to company. Now i am waiting for response.

One more thing i would like to ask : Is there any easy way to root my xperia neo L ?. If yes then plz help me. .Because i am not a software developer just a user but i can do if i have right way to do.

Visit the link below to know how to do it –

http://0gadgets.in/blog/2012/08/22/how-to-root-sony-xperia-neo-l/

• savy

Dear Sir
      could you tell me how to reset sony xperia neo L on version 4.0.4 ???
      Note: when I reset my phone it always need pin to reset it .pls reply to me.Thanks

If you are referring to factory reset,then it must not ask you any code.The default code might be 0000.Try this if it helps.

• Savy

Dear Susendeep dutta
      when I already rooted on sony Neo L v4.0.4. Could I backup Rom ???pls reply to me. Thanks
      how to flash new rom or firmware on sony neo L ???

• ramees

sir,
      my xpereia neo l is restarting while I am power on the phone…the screen blinks as SONY and restarts,,,,what can I do..please reply me in my mail or here…

• Kannon Yamada

Have you attempted to root the phone? Rooting can cause issues.

Try powering off the phone, either by removing the battery or waiting until the battery runs out of power. Then try turning the phone on while it’s plugged in to a power source. If the phone powers on without rebooting, the problem is likely not reoccuring. However, if the phone continues to reboot, I would guess that it’s due to improper permissions, a common issue with rooted phones. There are a lot of other potential problems, unfortunately.

The blinking screen means that the phone is at least physically probably OK. Unfortunately, if the software is damaged, then you may need to return the phone to the manufacturer.

If you rooted the phone and have already installed a custom recovery, then it’s a very simple matter – just reflash the stock ROM from the recovery. Usually the stock ROM can be downloaded. However, if you didn’t, then there might be issues.

You may want to try reading the ebook below, as it explains some of the basics of rooting:

An Android Guide : These Are The Droids You’re Looking For
      http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/download-these-are-the-droids-youre-looking-for-an-android-guide

And another handy list to find great apps:

Best Android Apps
      http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/best-android-apps