Why is a registry cleaner needed?

Esshaq May 14, 2010

Why does most software when it uninstalls not clear all its traces from the registry. Or folders which were created by this software? Why do we need a registry cleaner?

registry cleaners can indeed do more dammage then good. So only use it if you computer really runs slow and you did all the other cleaning and checking.

Thanks to all of you
    I went to link and I did not find AShampoo program
    Is it good?
    As I sow in CNet it rank No. 1
    I was use ccleaner and before it I was use "Your Uninstaller"
    I am really confused

I would recommend sticking to CCleaner. Tested and prooven.

In case you decide to install registry cleaner check out following MakeUseOf article:

Top 5 Freeware Registry Cleaners That Improve PC Performance

4. Steve Campbell

Programs are designed by people and they are subject to error upon uninstalling. Also, they might not care because their goal is to get you to install and use their program. Anytime you install/uninstall a program it affects your registry. Over time, you registry (and computer) gets junked up, so it's good to defrag the harddrive regularly and run registry cleaners to ensure your system is working efficiently.

5. Taty

Hi Esshaq
    Some programs leave behind their settings in case you decide to install them again. Some will also leave it so if you try to install a trial program again, they will detect that it it has already been installed. Others just use files that are shared among other programs, so they leave their mark behind.