How can I regain a photo I deleted on Facebook and all the comments to it?

anna August 28, 2011

I deleted one of my photos with all comments on Facebook. How can I regain it?

1. Brian VanderWesten

I hate to be the one to tell you this but no I have spent 6 months trying me and my gf broke up at one time I got so made and deleted all are photos that we didnt have backed up so now we just have to hold them memorys in are heart. sorry wish I could help my dad is a cop and he couldnt even help me

2. Adelina Demaj

Anyone has deleted my Facebook pictures and i want the photos back

3. Pachay

i deleted one of my photo by mistake, may i pls know how to regain it back,...??

4. owaismazhar

i have deleted my profile picture how get this again?

to recover them is to look in your cookies folder of your internet browser and hope that you haven't deleted cookies or set them to auto-delete. after that go back manually and hilghight each thing and maybe you'll find it eventually

Download your information
    In Facebook, go to the Account tab and select Account Settings. Under the "Settings" tab you'll see "Download your information." Click on "learn more" and you'll go to a page that asks for your password. Submit your password and an archive of all your account data will be compiled into a zip file. Once it's ready you'll receive and email telling you so and also will receive a link so you can download it. The time it takes to compile your data will vary depending on the contents.

6. Mulder

Don't listen to Jeffery; he's not an attorney, he has no legal background and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Facebook does not own the rights your your photos, at any time, and they never state otherwise. Jeffery doesn't understand what their Terms of Use says. If you deleted any of your photos, you probably can't recover them. Facebookk may have a copy in one or more backup archives, but getting them to access it and put it back is going to be tough.

You can try sending an email to:, and/or Ted Ullyont (legal counsel); you could even try sending an email to to see if any of them prompt a reply and a solution to your problem. If not, then I'm afraid you're out of luck.

• Jeffery Fabish

HEY!? How do you know my educational background?! Your entire response is about proving my joke invalid, rather than answering the question. +1 for the effort, though! (:

Best of luck contacting a legal team! I've always wanted to contact a legal team and sue, but I'm always contacted by a legal team and detained ): hehe.

• Mulder

Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind.

• Jeffery Fabish

I never once said I was perfect, nor have I ever even implied it. I'm better than that (see what I did there? :)

Is this guy actually your alter ego or something? That dark side of you that needs to be repressed?!

Can we please try to stay on topic and solve questions rather than trying to ridicule each other? Thank you!

Note: Making mistakes is ok. Uncovering mistakes and correcting them is ok, too. Doing the latter in a professional and respectful manner is great! This also helps in case you were the one to make the mistake in the first place...

The irony here is that Facebook legally owns the rights to your photos, yet doesn't provide a way to recover them.

Unless you have a backup copy on your hard drive, I'm afraid (to my knowledge) there is no way to recover them. You could always try contacting Facebook ( You're unlikely to receive a response because Facebook doesn't care about it's users.