How can I reduce the screen size under Windows 7?

jOSH April 22, 2010

I clean installed Windows 7 on my Vista PC using another brands upgrade disc. Now the screen size is a bit too big. I’ve tried them all, but it won’t help. What can I do?

1. Teresa Rufflo

Excellent, easy  & accurate fix.  Thanks.

2. Gjpaul

I have lost my toolbar because screen is to big.
    I did control scroll to enlarge the screen and now it will not wind down.
    help.

3. Mona

When in Internet Explorer, click on View in the menu bar and click on zoom and set it to the smaller size, I just found it, because it was driving me crazy.

4. Mona

As Johnathan says, it's quite easy: right click on the desktop and select "Screen resolution" to change it.

It's also a good idea to update your video drivers to the latest version, just in case.

6. Johnathan TheTool Lane

It's the same as Windows XP in that all you have to do is right-click on the desktop -- go to properties and adjust screen resolution. Also, I believe there are options under the control panel label "Personalize".

Hope I helped!