How can I redesign my PHP website in Java?

vishnu soni January 15, 2012

I have a website in PHP. Now I want to redesign completely that website in Java. How could I do that? What requirements are needed. Please provide complete detail for it.

First off, you don't *design* in PHP or Java. Design is an artistic or engineering concept, and not related to the final *coding* of the site. 

Second, if you already know how to program PHP and Java, I assume this would be a trivial task (though utterly pointless). As Mike says, Java is not a web language and does not power websites. 

So my question to you would be … why?

• VISHNU SONI

thanks james for your valuable suggestion---i don't know php. i know j2ee..the whole scenario is that my friend have his website in php developed by an php developer, now my friend want to rebuilt whole site in j2ee using ajax, css html javascript etc....so main problem i having is of removing old php files & storing new j2ee files..so please suggest me how could i do this.

Not possible unless you understand the original code, sorry. 

I guess learning Java and rewriting the code is the best (if not only approach). Even if there is a "conversion" the results may be moderate at best.

PHP is a server side scripting language wherein Java is client side hence the functionality and features are different.

• VISHNU SONI