How can I recover my Yahoo! account if I don’t know the answer to the second security question?

Vince John Quitoriano October 15, 2012

I need someone to help me with this. I can’t access my Yahoo! account because I don’t know the answer to my second question. My dad is the one who created it and he doesn’t remember. Please help!

1. domenico astrelli

help me unlock my yahoo e mail

2. jody

this is seriously the best way to deal with the situation. i just did it to retrieve my password without knowing the answer to my second security question.

you should be able to recover your account. open a Support Incident with Yahoo! Account team | http://bit.ly/Rs7cRG
    Choose: Select a product: "Yahoo! Account, Select a category: "Password and sign in", Select a sub-category: "unable to sign-in". (Bypass "Password Helper" if you've already tried this) Scroll down and on the bottom of the form select, "EMAIL A SUPPORT AGENT" The form requires one security Q&A. If you cannot remember the exact answer to the security question, list any current or past answers that may apply, or type in "I don't remember" and this will allow you to open a Support Incident where an account agent will be able to assist via emails.

From there you will be able to get assistance on how to reset your password. i was really impressed with the service. for any other help visit http://www.facebook.com/YahooCustomerCare and you can message them and they reply quickly.

Hope this can help :)

3. mark

My email yahoo has just lock and i don't remember the question and answer, also i don't remember the alternative email ID, but when i send a mail to the yahoo email ID it goes through and when i use the same email ID and password in my Facebook account it always open.

Yours Sincerely.
    Ben Huck.

4. rowena Lavila

Please i need your help.... My yahoo acount is locked ...i forgot the security aquestion answer... I really need my yahoo account coz ill be using it for my hacked facebook account ... I cannot reset my password on facebook because i cannot access my yahoo email.. Pleae i really need your help...

Kindly contact Yahoo as security question is not passable by any means unless you know the correct one.

http://gethuman.com/contact/Yahoo/

5. Derrick Tyeskie

I need to get in my yahoo but cant remember my password or security questions

6. diana dodson

i really need to open my yahoo email

Did you tried to clear your browser cache and history ?
      What sort of problem are you experinecing ?

Kindly elaborate it.

If you want to have quick response,then post your question as a new under the the link below -

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/ask

7. Imran Hossain

I for got my yahoo security question answer & recovery email & i still know my password but it is not working, i don't open my account about the 5 month that's why some problem but the same email i use my Facebook.........Plz help me anybody..
    How can i know my recovery email or security question answer... i still sue the same cell phone number which i give this time when i create my account......

8. hlekani richard

how do i log in in to my yahoo mail if i don't remember the answer to the security question

9. hlekani richard

i cant access my account because of security questions, my lost relative opened this account for me

10. olusegun dahunsi

i forgot the secret answer to my second question in my yahoo email account.The question is........ What was your first pet's name?

11. olusegun dahunsi

i forgot my the secret answer to the second question to my yahoo email account

12. mikal akhtab

I cannot access my account..It appears that someone has hacked my account.

13. ali swd

How can I recover my Yahoo! account if I don’t know the answer to the second security question

14. Sureh Kumar Sharma

Please help me that I forget my yahoo security question and answer. Thanks

Regards

Suresh Kumar Sharma

15. jayar cabanas

hi guys. i cannot access my old yahoo account because i forgot my password and the answer of the security questions. it is very important for me to retrieve it because of the important files that to be need to open. can someone help me about this or can anyone provide assistance to get my problem resolve. thanks in advance.

You can contact Yahoo support from the link below -

http://gethuman.com/contact/Yahoo/

If you know answer to your security question,then you can get to know to reset the password from the link below -

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=content&id=SLN2035

• Angel

I can help you to retrieve your yahoo account, but you need to remember your password or else there's nothing I can do.

• ali

I know my yahoo password but they asked me to answer those security questions, and now my accound is blocked because i was wrong three times consecutively.... what can I do? please help me.

16. Aniket Singh

try using alternate e mail adress........it will work

17. noisyspider n

Please Help Me Please i forget Password Yahoo and Question Plz Help Me i waiting

18. mahmoud alaa

please i need Question and password plz plz help me

19. John Brenner

Scratch zmail. Unless youre a black hat.....

20. John Brenner

Hotmail. Abandoned. Yahoo. Abandoned. BOTH have proven to be not only clunky, spam-ridden, and out-dated, but next to impossible to regain once becoming inaccessible. After 'recovering' an ancient hotmail account (why bother honestly), I found that the recovery apparently did not include the thousands and thousands of emails or contacts that were contained. Yahoo was similar except it took only slightly less time for Yahoo to get back to me. The end result was basically the same. Do yourself a favor and switch to gmail. I have been in since the beta and never looked back. It has changed front-end slightly over time, but essentially I have NEVER had trouble with access. Nor have I lost emails or contacts. I'm sure someone could find negatives, but I havent really experienced them at all and certainly not like with those other two. Live? Only if ZombieMail is alive. Hey ZombieMail. There's an idea.... zmail.

21. Dimal Chandrasiri

you should contact the yahoo support services with your problem. but to recover your mail, they would require proof of the rightful owner is you.

22. Harry Barnes

call up yahoo on their helpline number 0800-756-2988 and they should be able to assist you better than we can.

23. Ahmed Khalil

contact technical support by email

24. Grr
    • anabel ignacio

why should my facebook i cant open too its different password and yahoo send me link ican open my e mail

25. Caroline West

When you initially set up your Yahoo! Account, you needed to give another email address to activate it. Use that address as a way to prove your identity with Yahoo! and they will send another Password (that you can change later) to that email address. As your Dad set up your account, he may well have used his email address. Also go to the Help section on Yahoo's main page. You will probably find a 'Help' section when you are trying to log in too, so go there. Don't Panic!! Try to access Any help categories and you will be able to sort it out. :-)

26. Philbert Desenex

if you didn't set up a secondary email address because you have an old account, write to tech support. I had a Yahoo account hacked and tech support fixed it. It took them a couple of weeks to get to me, but at least they did.

• medessa

Hi Philbert Desenex

how can i contact tech support?

from philippines thanks very much.

• Muhammad Hamid

I don't know the answer to my security question, i think my account has been hacked. kindly help me for this.

27. Harish Jonnalagadda

Try using the secondary email address to log in to the Yahoo account..