How do I recover a Windows hidden folder after a reinstall?

Niraj Kumar October 17, 2014

I had some files in folder on my drive. That folder was saved in “ instant folder lock.exe” on my F drive that is not a primary drive, i.e. my OS is not installed on this drive. Then I hid that folder in “drive:/file path”.

Around 15-20 days back I opened that folder lock. Then for some reason I installed Windows 7 and also Windows 8. When I did all these things, I found that my locked, hidden folder not available on my drive.

I tried so many software to recover that file, but no matter what I try, I can’t recover that file.

I already recovered these locked folders earlier, also when it was deleted. But this time I am not able recover that. I am not sure that folder was deleted by antivirus or due to formatting.

I need your help. Please, that file is very important for me.

Thanks, I’m waiting for reply.

did you install windows 8 over windows 7? if yes then maybe windows deleted the files because compatibility issues, you should have run first windows 8 Upgrade Assistant to check if your applications are compatible.
    if you did upgrade windows, there should be windows.old folder then you can check if they are still there your folders.

1) open regedit the navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER –> Software –> Microsoft –> Windows–> CurrentVersion –> Explorer –> Advanced
    2) Right click on “ShowSuperHidden” on the right side and click on “Modify”.
    3) Enter 1 in “Value data:” and click on “OK”.
    4) Close the Registry Editor and reboot