How can I recover Ready Boost space on my USB drive?

Mike46 April 3, 2010

In two of my USBs the “Ready Boost” Cache files are not allowing me to use the space even though I am not choosing the “Ready Boost” option from the menu.
How can I use that space again? I have tried to open, view, and even deleting the file, but the program will not allow me any access whatsoever.

1. Dk Dinithk

i have used my USB drive for ready boost but i forgot undo the ready boost and now my usb is not allowing me to enter or right click ,not even usingĀ  CMD.

2. Mike46

Thank You Jack Cola,Computer(Fox and Explorer,have not tried Chrome),right-click on the drive,choose properties,ready boost tab,select Do not use RB on this drive.Worked like a charm.The other method you suggested also works but only if you don't mind also loosing whatever you have stored in the whole drive.

• Jack Cola

I am glade you got what you wanted. If you have any other questions, you know where to find us - Make Use Of Answers

Have you tried formatting the USB drive? In My Computer, right click on the drive, and select format.

Or you can try this "Right click on the drive in an explorer window, choose properties,
    readyboost tab, select Do not use readyboost on this drive. the file should
    disappear and you should be able to use it as a normal flash drive."
    Source:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-performance/830538.htm

I second Jack's recommendations. Let us know if it works.

• Sakhia

thank you very much for very good advice and direction. I appreciate because i was unable to restore the file from ready boost, but direction guided and made it possible.
      this is jan