How can I recover pictures and contacts from my iPhone 4?

F July 24, 2012

When I try to recharge it a red battery symbol appears, then the Apple Logo shows up. It starts and says that activation is required and asks that I connect the iPhone to iTunes, then switch it off. When I try to connect my iPhone to iTunes, however, it is not recognized.

I tried to use recovery mode to restore it, but I am afraid to lose my pictures and contacts. So I didn’t go through with it. I need to no how I can recover my pictures and contacts first.

1. Alisa Fish

Hey, do not be worry for that. I have ever accidently delete the files I do not want to, and then I use software which is really nice to recover the photos and videos in my iPone.
    It can also recover photos & videos, contacts, SMS, call logs, memos and calendars, even Safari bookmarks.
    If you need, just click here.
    Hope this helps for you.

2. Jake

I just restored my iphone 4g and forgot to make a backup of my old pictures is there any way i can get them back if i dident backup my device?

• Ayumi

thats wat happpen to me now n i cant help it though i am still having trouble mine is excactly like how u say?!!!

• Angella

It is really a trouble as you did not back up. I am not sure if there is any way to get back the data. I once used Wondershare Dr.Fone, which helped me recover the deleted contacts. Maybe you can ask for their support service for help.

3. manal

i'm trying bring it back i don't know how?

4. manal

can you recover my pictures and contactes from my iphone s4 i did update for my phone it was software update and i lost all my pictures and contactes

5. bbbrandner

Hi you can try to use this app I am not sure if it's possible to recover the contacts in the state your iPhone is, but it's certainly worth a try. Otherwise you can check in the iCloud if your contacts etc. are stored there.

6. Greg Cooper

How can I retrieve text messages and/or phone contact numbers from my iphone that are 2 months old

• F

if you deleted them 2 months ago then i not sure that you can since their place in the memory would have been used over and over but you can try the solutions in the first comment if your phone works fine ... cheers

7. Victor Cesto

I lost all pictures and contacts from my device once. So to get them again I reset the whole phone and restored it from the last icloud backup.
    Worked fine for me.

• F

thx for your response but since i don't have a any back up file it wont work for me

8. tami jo

i smashed my iphone and i was wondering if there was any way i could get my pics off there? please help i luv my pics. also how could i copy all my photos and videos to a cd from an iphone?

• F

if you mean by smash your screen only and the phone works fine then you can connect it to your PC and take all your data out by any program
      like ifunbox , iexplorer and many others that i don't remember

check Laga Mahesa comment

• F

ok thx for all those who helped even though that it didn't work for me
      but i was so desperate so i went to some shop to fix it and they replaced the ic then restore and it worked and my iphone is good but everything is lost ...

the one who did the restore for my iphone told me that i didn't need to replace my ic as all i needed is to use a program to put my phone in a similar state as PWNED DFU mood and it should work fine but sorry i don"t remember it sorry
      hope that will help someone

9. molly_rose24

they should be saved on to memory so look throught the memory to find they and the should go back to befor

10. F

Hi i tried so many times to rest my iphone through DFU but i keep having error 1602

i looked in the internet but i couldn't solve it ...

• Lieschen Müller

see also

In most cases it is caused by security software (antivirus, additional firewalls – the Windows firewall usually doesn’t interfere much) which block the access to the servers required in the restore process. Just disable that software for the time the restore takes. Also make shure no other USB devices (except for KB + mouse) are connected to the computer

11. F

iExplorer is good but my iphone wont work unless i put in the charger ! but it wont work or even be detected when connected to my PC ... i did try to use the device manager but there is nothing !!

SO in SUMMERY i need to reset my iphone first through DFU then i use a recovery tool even though i don't have a backup file ...?

12. Laga Mahesa

Look here :

and here :

iExplorer seems (I haven't tried it yet) simplier, but is payware. i-Funbox gives you under-the-hood access to the files themselves, and WILL work.

Now - the iTunes thing. This doesn't sound all that serious.

1) Plug in your iPhone. Now open device manager: right-click My Computer, pick Manage. Go to Device Manager. At the bottom of the right hand side of the screen you'll see "Universal Serial Bus Controllers". Expand that, and look for "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver". If it isn't there, click the View menu and enable "Show hidden devices". When found, right-click it and uninstall. In the resulting dialog box, do NOT check "Delete the driver software...". If you do that, you will have to reinstall iTunes. Once that's done, return to the menu bar, click Action and select "Scan for hardware changes". This will re-detect and reinstall the apple driver.

Try again.

2) Clean your dock connector. Get an old toothbrush (the bristles are worn and soft, and you don't really want to put this in your mouth afterwards) and give it a good gentle scrub. After that, get a cotton swab of some kind and lightly dampen with alcoholic hand sanitizer, and wipe the contacts with it.

Try again.

13. F

thx ferdinan for your help but for the photos option 1+3 they use backup files for retrievals and since i don"t have one it wont work ... as for option 2 it is good but i afraid it wont work since the only way to restore my iphone is through DFU mood (recovery mood) and it will wipe everything so i'm not sure ...

as for MiniTool Mac Data Recovery it looks good (like option 2) except i don"t have Mac ..

14. ferdinan Sitohang

if it is the first time you connect your iphone to itunes, then the possibility you have is your contacts. If you already set up an email address in your iphone, it will directly synchronize your contact phone with your email contact, so you can retrieve from that email. The next is your photo, try to read and follw this many reference, options1, options 2, and options 3 , hope one is meet what you are looking for