How can I recover photos from a mini SD card?

Erica February 13, 2012

My 8 GB mini SD card from my HTC EVO suddenly stopped working from one second to the next. Sprint says there is nothing I can do. I purchased a SD card reader and new SD card but my computer and my phone don’t recognize the original SD card at all. The SD card reader works with the new SD card and will open up on my computer but the old one won’t.

I’m not super tech savvy but I would really love some help. I tried the other suggestions given to the similar questions but nothing works. I am desperate to repair this SD card as we have some pictures from the birth of my son on it. I was actually in the process of emailing the pictures to myself so that I could save them to my computer because they are so precious to us. Anyone have suggestions? I read about a professional service to recover but does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you so much in advance for any help you provide.

1. Michaela

Did you manage to get it sorted?
    ive got exactly the same problem :(

2. roger james

Many people have experienced this problem of data loss from the corrupted, or formatted memory card. In order to get back the deleted data user must create create backup. (http://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/card-recovery-software/recover-deleted-pictures-from-memory-card.htm)

3. Pixelmac

Hello,

I would suggest, as a professional in that field, to give this card to a person who really know about data salvage, and how that hardware works.
    If you need to find someone, send me a message.

Also, if your SD card has a small locking pin handle onnthenside of it, use it to lock the card from being able to write on it.
    I'll be happy to help.

Dan Lavie

• Keste402

hi dan i noticed your post and am actually really desperate to try to find someone who can help recovery my files i know u said to msg u but i cant find the option if u can email me at keste402@aol.com and give your advice i would be much appreciated.

• Donna

Hi Dave. Im having the exact same issue. If there is anyway you are reading this message please email me at dmgobia06 at yahoo dot com. Much appreciated.

4. Jay.0

1.MUO's list of data recovery tools:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/best-windows-software#recovery

2. you can consult a hardware expert, who does the recovery of damaged storage devices.
    It is possible that your card is corrupt, and it will never work .

And also try to find the data elsewhere.
    Eg. : Use recovery tools on your pc, if you copied data on your card from your pc.

if the sd card do not appear in windows so you can't access it or do other operations. Try under  MAC or Linux.

you can look for companies that works on this situation, the price can be high, if the files are important perhaps you can ask them.

You should still try Recuva if you haven't yet.

You could try PhotoRec but it's not the easiest one. However there is a Step by Step guide

One recommendation on the XDA forum for such a problem was Undelete Plus.

Another user also reported the following to solve a similar problem:

open up command prompt (start->run->cmd.exe) and type
    chkdsk /X /F SD-card-drive-letter
    e.g. chkdsk /X /F X:

SanDisk recommends RescuePRO for SD card recovery. I successfully used it myself once but I'm not sure it's worth the money.