How can I recover all passwords in Windows 7?
Question by bowland76 /

Can anyone tell me how to recover passwords for Admin, WiFi router, computer start etc. for Windows 7 and Windows Vista?

• Ouo Micco

Windows 7 allows us to create a Windows password reset disk (USB key) in case that we lost the Win 7 logon password. When we lose the password of Win 7, we can reset a new one with the created disk. The weak point is that you can only create the disk before losing your Windows 7 password. If you do not create that, it could not help.

If you have an available administrator account on your system, you can get your password back easily. Logon Win 7 system with the admin account, and then you can come to the Control Panel and change or delete other accounts’ passwords. Just three steps:

Step 1: Click Start -> Control Panel -> Add or remove user accounts

Step 2: Choose the locked administrator account

Step 3: Click Change the password or Remove the password. And then you can change or remove the lost or forgotten password

If you do not have another available administrator account, you could try some third party software. There is plenty of third party software for password recovery on Windows 7 online. all of them are designed to create a Windows password recovery disk. With the disk you can recover your lost Windows 7 password. I highly recommend Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 and use it as an example. What you need to do is just three steps (you need another computer to create the disk):

Step 1: Download Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0

Step 2: Burn a Windows password recovery disk with the software

Step 3: Recover the Windows 7 password with the disk

I think the most efficient is using third party windows password recovery software. Have a try.

• Victoria belck

I have forgotten my Dell
    laptop password weeks ago. Finally, a tutorial titled:

Tips on Dell Windows 7
    Password Recovery

helped me and I opted for
    its suggestions:

Option 1: Dell Windows 7
    password reset by other accounts with admin rights

Option 2: Recover Dell
    Windows 7 password with command

Option 3: Create a bootable
    Dell Windows 7 password recovery disk

The third one helped me DIY
    a password reset disk easily and got out of problem quickly!

u can search its title to
    view more details!

Here are some MakeUseOf articles and answers that should help:

3 Ways to Reset Forgotten Windows Administrator Password

6 Free Password Recovery Tools for Windows

How can I retrieve my Windows 7 administrator password?

Ophcrack – A Password Hack Tool to Crack Almost Any Windows Password

For router in particular you should be able to reset it using the resent button in your router. Usually all it takes is to press that button for about 10 seconds. Once that’s done your router will be reset and can be opened using default user and pass. The defaults can be found on the back part of the router itself or online. See links below.

RouterPasswords: Default Passwords for Routers Lookup Default Passwords for Electronic Devices

• Yozman

We’re going to need a little more info, but a good place to start is Ophcrack Live CD. As of this time if you’re using Windows 7 (possibly also Vista, I don’t remember) all you need is access to an admin account to see any network passwords saved on the computer, to do this go to: 
    1. Control PanelNetwork and InternetManage Wireless Networks
    2. right click on the network whose info you want, select properties.
    3. click on the “Security” tab
    4. check “show characters” (you may have to enter the admin password or click through a UAC.