How can I recover my operating system after forcefully shutting it down?

TABOT MANYI June 13, 2011

I shut down my laptop forcefully with 3 programs open and when I came to open it, I do not see my OS again.

Hello, regardless of what operating system you are using, you could try getting into the advanced options when booting up and try to restore your system to the most recent restore point. To get into advance mode, start your computer and keep pressing f8 until you get to the advance options such as safemode, safemode with command prompt, etc. The option you want is safemode with command prompt. If you are using windows xp, follow the instructions:– start computer
    – keep pressing f8
    – once the options come up, select safemode with command prompt.
    – select the operating system and then press enter
    – select the administrator account
    – when command prompt shows up, type the following command:
    %systemroot%system32restorerstrui.exe– press enter
    – follow instructions on the screenIf you are using windows 7, here are some possible solutions:http://programming4.us/desktop/3212.aspx

Hello, regardless of what operating system you are using, you could try getting into the advanced options when booting up and try to restore your system to the most recent restore point. To get into advance mode, start your computer and keep pressing f8 until you get to the advance options such as safemode, safemode with command prompt, etc. The option you want is safemode with command prompt. If you are using windows xp, follow the instructions:

-- start computer
    -- keep pressing f8
    -- once the options come up, select safemode with command prompt.
    -- select the operating system and then press enter
    -- select the administrator account
    -- when command prompt shows up, type the following command:
    %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

-- press enter
    -- follow instructions on the screen

If you are using windows 7, here are some possible solutions:

http://programming4.us/desktop/3212.aspx

Tabot,

it would help to know which operating system this is and what you see now when you turn on your computer. Are there any error messages? What exactly are the symptoms?