How can I recover notes that have disappeared from my iPhone 4 if syncing from iCloud does not work?
Question by Elizabeth Wen Tortora /

I have lost all my notes on my iPhone 4 except for one. I tried syncing and restoring to iCloud. It seems to have just disappeared! Is there a way to get it back?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Bill

Try this, it worked for me. Do a spotlight search for one of your notes. When I did it it found the note even though my notes were gone. When I clicked on it from spotlight search all my notes came back.

Now maybe someone can help me. Now only one of my notes has disappeared. Unfortunately it’s an important one. Anyone have any ideas?

• Pradeep R

well notes unlike (apps and songs) gets synced automatically by default to icloud via your mail account so if u don’t have a backup in your system, you may be lucky to get them back via email sync, just try and use old icloud id and apple id,

• Vibhor Gaur

Hello Elizabeth
    Try running Time Machine in if older version of your iCloud notes were saved there. you can copy and paste them back.

P.S- Many people having the same problem, so please don’t just rely on iCloud assuming it is a perfect way to save your data.

• Laga Mahesa

The odds aren’t good. If they are old notes, they *might* still exist in your iTunes backup. Get iBackupBot (or something similar) that allows you to browse backups and find the notes database.

If you do find them, you then have the fun of injecting that into your iPhone – use iFunBox for this.

iOS notes are stored in a single database file, so it’s practically impossible to restore old notes. This is why I don’t use it and have opted for NoteBooks (by Alfons Schmid), which syncs notes with Dropbox as individual text files.

• Kyem Ghosh

If you don’t have the sync, you have no other way out!!!!!