How can I recover my Netgear router password?

Mick October 10, 2011

I have an iPod that connects to the wireless Internet, and a Netgear router that provides wireless. I have lost the password, and cannot connect to my network. I do not know what to do.

1. LaMarr

try bringing up your smart wizard, where it says "enter key manually", just below it will say key# with a down arrow, click on those to see if any look familiar or write them down. You MUST CLICK CANCEL AFTER YOU'VE COLLECTED THE INFO!!!

2. norman ashley mcdonald

the netgear has been storage, i though i had lost it, yesterday i found it are all the other

3. Grammyjan1950

How do I retrieve my Netgear password?

4. Eagle201215

I can't retrieve the password from my netgear N300 to set up xbox 360 live. How do I retrieve password?

5. Jonathan

before resetting anything check if the key is printed on the back of/ underneath the router. many have information printed on them 

Hello, easiest solution is to reset your router to factory standards.  You can press the reset button in the back and it resets to same settings that were there when you first install it.  If you have the software cd that came with your router, you can reinstall it from there.

Hold the button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds. This will flush all of your settings and password. The router will reboot and come back online, with the default or no password. 

if you have not changed the password:
    Username = adminPassword = passwordFor older devices, password = 1234else, you will have to reset your router by pressing the reset this :