How to recover my netbook to factory condition?
Question by Nguyen Huy Anh /

I have a HP Mini 110-1116TU with Windows 7 Starter. Recently, my computer runs very slowly; I decided to recover it to original condition to solve the problem. However, when I use the built-in Recovery Manager, the computer says “Windows failed to boot. A recent hardware or software change maybe the cause…”

It is still able to boot into Windows, but cannot recover itself to original condition. Last time I was still able to recover it. Can anyone give me a solution? Thanks!

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• badguy

i have the same problem,i have HP MINI 110-3547TU with an original windows 7 starter kit,after a few days i decided to change it to windows 7 ultimate (i mean we also use pirated OS and it works fine on my desktop)..problem is.,,after installing it,i cannot connect it to a wifi.,cant make a network,and a homegroup.,,,it doesnt even have a “signal bar” icon on the tray..only a monitor with his plug thinggy that says”no connection availble”..please help..=’C

Pirated copy is not recommended and sometime is not well Reassembled so will do some problems.

• Techie

Sounds like you are missing you internet card drivers you can usually find them on the HP website

Hiyou need to Create the recovery discs first if you don’t have them, then you need to boot from DVD/CD player and inserting Recovery Disc # 1try fn F10 (f11..) that will find the hidden restore on the hard drive if you have a manual that is supplied wit all hp computers it will reformat the hard drive and reload the osHow to create an HP Mini Mi Edition restore disk in Linuxhttp://liliputing.com/2009/02/how-to-create-an-hp-mini-mi-edition-restore-disc-in-linux.htmlsome search on hphttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/searchResults?tmp_product=HP+Mini+110-1116TU+PC&product=4036761&tmp_qt=Recover+Windows+7&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=usRestore the PC to its original condition using the f11 key if Windows 7 is not accessibleIf the PC cannot launch into Windows, it may still be possible to use the HP Recovery Manager on the hard drive to restore the computer to its original operating condition. The Recovery Manager can be launched during the startup process by following the steps below.Press the Power button to start the PC, and then press the f11 key when the standard BIOS prompts are displayed on the black screen.NOTE: Pressing the f11 key during startup on a computer with an HP factory image will start the system recovery process even if the prompt is not displayed.If the HP Recovery Manager can access the recovery partition on the hard drive, a prompt to backup the user files before beginning the recovery is displayed. Follow any on-screen instructions.If the HP Recovery Manager cannot access the hard drive to fix any system errors, you will need to use the personalized recovery disc that you created to recover the hard drive to its original condition.If you have not created the personalized recovery disc, or the discs are corrupted, you can order a replacement recovery disc from HP.When the Recovery Manager starts, follow the step-by-step system recovery instructions shown above.Resolving a common recovery issue.If the Recovery Manager cannot be launched from either the desktop, or by pressing the f11 key on startup, you can use the recovery disc to restore the computer to the original operating condition in Windows 7.

• badguy

i have the same problem,i have HP MINI 110-3547TU with an original windows 7 starter kit,after a few days i decided to change it to a windows 7 ultimate (i mean we also use pirated OS and it works fine on my desktop)..problem is.,,after installing it,i cannot connect it to a wifi.,cant
      make a network,and a homegroup.,,,it doesnt even have a “signal bar”
      icon on the tray..only a monitor with his plug thinggy that says”no
      connection availble”