How can I recover a missing system file in Windows 7?

pedro October 11, 2011

My PC is missing a file: ISSscript.msi
How can I recover it?

I tried repair with the original Windows 7 disk. Can someone help me?

Hello, Have you checked if there is anything related to installshield in your program files?  Sometimes you can fix/troubleshoot installshield problems by deleting the installshield engine.  It is located at the following path:

C:xxxxProgram FilesCommon FilesInstallshield   Note:  xxxx means local disk

Navigate to the path given above and check if there is a installshield folder.  If there is, locate the installshield folder and delete the installshield engine there.  Restart computer, and it should rebuild for you. 

After that, just install the most recent version of installshield.  Try the following link for updating/installing recent version:

http://testdrive.mapinfo.com/techsupp/miprod.nsf/c5f0c7263940a53d8525669b00568e6b/d19b42abfe7566ce8525712a0050785d?OpenDocument

Keep in mind that if you are getting this error for a certain program/game, you have to get the installshield engine that program runs on.  So, your first step would be to find out what version is needed.

when do you get this error, were you installing something ?
    Copy it from another pc, if the file is the same.