How can I recover a memory card that’s not working after it got wet?

Avdhesh Sharma September 21, 2012

I dropped my phone in water. The memory card no longer works, and there is important data on it. The phone is a Samsung Wave 525. Is there any way to make this card work?

1. Kernel Recovery Tools

You can search software for MicroSD card data recovery on google. Firstly use trial version if you found your data through trial then you can go for the paid version. Give it a try hope that might work for you.

2. EL

Let it sit in a bag of rice for a week, then try something like Recuva.

3. Ahmed Khalil

make it dry and then try again

There might be some moisture left out in the card.So,put it in rice bowl fully submerged for 24 hours.Then use photrec or Easeus memory card recovery software to recover your data -

http://www.easeus.com/resource/memory-card-format-recovery.htm

5. Avdhesh Sharma

no i didnt try to dry it ..but it was dry itself

6. Freecycle Me

I am not sure how you are trying to read the card. I would make sure if using the phone that both items have thoroughly dried out. A second way is to access the card via a PC and card reader. If you cannot read it easily you may want to try testdisk and photorec, they may help as they can help recover deleted files normally. Good Luck

7. Diego Martinez

Did you let the card dry completely before you tried to use it?