How can I recover my lost Yahoo eMails?
Question by Shelly /

I take pictures and short video clips on my cell phone, then email them to myself on my home computer. I forward many of them to other people. My email provider is Yahoo. I have emailed pix and video clips from my phone to my home computer many times.
This time, when I tried to forward the video clip to my mother’s email, I got a dialogue box saying something about needing to update my Quicktime to a newer one. When I clicked the “yes” button, my emails started disappearing from the inbox. They were deleting, one after another.
I had over 1800 emails in my inbox. The emails are not in the trash folder or in the recycle folder on the desktop. I went into My Computer to see if I could find them in Quicktime or any other folders, etc. I could not find them.
Please tell me how to recover my emails.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , .
Awesome Webs & Tips
Awesome Webs & Tips
Stay Incognito On The Web
Stay Incognito On The Web
Deep Web Communities
Deep Web Communities
Online Security Tips
Online Security Tips
Music Apps & Sites
Music Apps & Sites
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Tips for Privacy Obsessed

• Chungnguyen_16

how can i recover conversations and email from yahoo that i deleted for 2 weeks more. Thanks

Hmm, it looks like unusual problem. I often use my Outlook Express, but it is the first time I have seen such trouble. In my opinion in this case the best determination is a powerful software. For example I started using a next utility - Outlook Express recovery several weeks ago. And may be it will solved your problem.

Hi Shelly

So, did you manage to recover the emails?

Aibek

I need more information on this one.

Do you check your email on their website or from a application like Outlook Express or ThunderBird?

• Steve Campbell

Shelly,

If you are using Yahoo, your emails probably won't be anywhere physically on your computer unless you've backed them up yourself. If you log in to your email account on yahoo.com they should still be in your inbox or archived or possibly in your email's trash/spam folder.

If they aren't I'm not sure you will be able to retrieve them. You could try contacting yahoo customer service to see if they can walk you through a recovery of some kind, but I'm not sure.

As for the cause of this, it's really strange. I have never heard of Quicktime doing anything to your digital files upon updating, which leads me to believe you have a virus of some kind. Again, I'm not sure.

I hope your issue gets resolved. If you have any other questions feel free to ask away!