How can I recover my hacked Gmail account?

siddhaphysician packiams September 11, 2012

My Gmail account was hacked by someone. I’ve been unable to access my email for 4 days. What can I do?

1. pavankumar

some one hacked my gmail account hoe to get it back

2. Ethical_Hacker

There is a recovery form option wherein u have to key in ur details ... try to be as exact as possible. U will then hopefully receive an email from google asking to reset your password.

-Hacking is Junk, not Hackers !!!!

3. poo

guys.... some one is hack my gmail account and change all the security question and phone number also... now i cant able to open my account... if any way to lock my account or recovery.....?

4. kal

Look beneth It will say Somthing click on it and awnser the quiestions about you account

5. sonu

am sonu my gmail acct is hacked by some one and all the information related my acct all security questions,my step 2 verification,my recovery id
    what i will do for recover my acct

6. akriti tandon

i have forget my gamil password now i want to chage it now but i could not know old passwork how i can do it

7. zeba faquirbhai

somebody has hacked into my account i cant access the thing because the recovery email adress i dont know it so how can i get it back need help as soon as possible.

8. Ayush

10 days ago,my gmail id was hacked and someone has changed my email, password, phone number, and security question so that there is no way for me to get back on. When I go to enlist trusted friends, it says my account is not available, and I can’t do it.

9. Rob Hindle

Once someone has got into the account they can wreak havoc. I've had the dubious pleasure of helping a couple of people recover hacked accounts. If you do get back in don't just reset all the password reminder stuff also go into Settings and check there are no filters set and no forwarding set. Also bottom right of your Gmail screen is a button to check details of recent account activity, go in there and click "sign out all other sessions".

A small piece of good news is that Google does try to detect suspicious outbound mail and block it - they'd done that successfully for one of the hacked accounts I had to work on.

The bottom line is, too late for you but anyone else reading, Gmail has some very good security controls if you choose to use them. If you don't use a secure password, if you do use public wifi or any potentially insecure computers and you don't use Google's two step security option you are taking a big risk. You've just discovered that, hopefuly you'll now be an evangilist for maximum security and will encourage friends and family to take it seriously.

• Kao Vang

I agree with this man. It's all about prevention. It's always annoying and tedious to set/remember passwords but once you're penetrated, good luck on recovering.

Do set the security settings and recovery options in the future. Good luck.

• Ahmed Khalil

what happen is already happen we tray to help the gay to get his account back, and hope still their is any chance to do so

10. Amit Sinha

if your account was really hacked then the hacker must changed your all account recovery option. The only option is left for you to write an email to gmail support center regarding all your issues with new email address

September 11, 2012 at 6:19 am and select the option I don't know my password and enter your email id and click continue and follow the steps accordingly. :)

12. Abby Rakshit

Try these steps mate,

* Answer your security question and perform an on-line password reset.

* Request a password reset e-mail to be sent to your recovery account.

* Proceed to one of two versions of the Account Recovery Form (for accounts with or without 2-step verification enabled). Look for a "Verify your identity" link if the other options don't work.
    If you have already entered a phone number to the account, you will be sent a verification code and will be sweet once you get it.

• Ahmed Khalil

This is the best solution but it is only depend on the degree of the reliability of the recovery information he give to google when create his email, i mean if he give correct telephone no. or correct backup email.

and also this depend on that that hacher do not change this information, as he has four long days to do what he want with this account

• Yashodhan Bhatt

I absolutely agree with short there is still no official/legal way out to recover back the account.