How do I recover games lost by iTunes?

Jim November 28, 2011

When I downloaded an update to iTunes I lost all of my photos, music and games. I have the photos and music saved on my PC , but how do I get the games back? Do I have to buy them again?

1. John Jiang

This problem has occurred to me previously and it caused me great disbelief but luckily, I've most of the music collection stored to an external storage. When you sync your media device to iTunes, it'll usually create a backup and if the file has been saved the last time you've sync, I believe it might be able to restore all of your lost data.

what is your os ?
    if the problem occurred, just because of i-tunes update, i-think it is possible to revert it using system restore.
    choose a restore point before you updated itunes.

I'm not sure how you lose all content via an iTunes update. Usually only the application is updated but the Library remains untouched. If you manually moved your iTunes Library to an alternate location there is a slight chance that instead of using it iTunes created a new one within your Music folder.

If that's the case you can manually select your old Library by press and hold the "alt (option)" key on a Mac respectively the "Shift" key on Windows while opening iTunes.

As for the games you can always redownload them free of charge as long as you are using the same iTunes Store account you previously used to purchase them. 
    The best way to go about is to open up iTunes, go into the Store and on the right hand side you will find a link named Purchased. You will get a list of all previously purchased and or downloaded Apps and games.