How can I recover files from an SD that can’t be read after a transfer was interrupted?

Jerome Morales April 3, 2012

My Class 10 SD card was in the middle of transferring video files when my computer was unplugged. Now the card is not recognised by any device (Windows PC, Mac, digital SLR camera, card readers, etc.).

Is there any way to recover the video files in the card? Nothing was transferred after rebooting the pc.

1. Dontknow

he card is not recognised by any device

then there is no chance to recover the data on it. pity. so sorry/

2. Alan Trinder

I use photo rescue pc, you have to pay for the programme but you can see if it recovers the files first then if you want to pay the $20-$30 (can't remember exactly) it is all yours and you can use it repeatedly. very effective and has saved my bacon more than once.

Hello, if the card has been tried in several devices and it is not recognized, the odd are pretty slim of recovering anything.  Best chance would probably be to contact a recovery service.  Keep in mind that it could be very expensive.