How can I recover files from a microSD card that is no longer detected after transferring files?

Mahesh Minnu April 14, 2012

I have an 8 GB microSD card, which has been damaged while transferring files onto my PC. It is not detected anymore. I tried some apps, but they also didn’t detect my card to recover files.

Does anyone know of another solution? I have many important info on my card. Thank you.

1. Oliver Powell

Do first, Don't use your memory card to store any further photos. Don't go with freeware as this can overwrite your existing photos. 
    Download free version of photo recovery software from Stellar Phoenix and then start scan. It will shows the preview of all recoverable files but won't allows you to recover it unless and until you buy the complete version. 

If the desired files were still missing, then try to scan the memory card using Stellar Phoenix Deep Scan methods. This methods will take more time than usual due to of scanning every blocks and sectors but will give you the more accurate and refined results. 
     Let us know the results.

Oliver Powell

2. Indronil Mondal

there is no way you can recover data from a corrupted memory card ,even the manufacturer replaces the card they dont recover your data.

3. iranian

hi
     if ur sd card not detected by pc because ur memory card have virus and u test & scan memory by nod32 in new installed windows .
    aim iranian boy.
    bye

try on other pc with windows, mac or linux; if still not detected then if files are valuable you have to go for a specialized company to retrieve data, and is not free?