How can I recover files from a formatted hard drive partition?

shegzy4 July 3, 2012

Is it possible for me to recover my deleted/formatted files on my local disk E? I asked an engineer to format my local disk C, but he formatted the local disk E with all my important files on it, so how can I recover all the documents?

1. softwaredemons

Use Recuva it will surely undelete your data

2. sid manny

Hi Shegzy,

It is possible to recover files from formatted hard drive by using Hard Drive recovery software. I am suggesting you this software because a couple of days ago I was able to restore data from formatted partition when I accidentally chosen the wrong drive for format instead of the primary partition. You can get more detailed information about formatted hard drive recovery by visiting the below mentioned website.
    Or else you can directly download demo tool from the link given below and test the recovery results.

3. Muhammad Ahmad

Additionally to avoid data loss you should always ready for it. For this you should always backup your data to an online storage or to a usb flash etc.

4. Oron

Other tools you can use are "ADRC Data Recovery Express" ($6.99 from
    or "Pandora Recovery" (free), in which you need to use "surface scan" to recover the files.

i had good result few years ago with Ontrack
    ypu can scan the hard drive and see what it will say.

recovering files can take sometime depending on the amount

6. Susendeep Dutta

Visit the link below and head over to the section

To unformat files from formatted drives, please follow this procedure:

The software mentioned in the link above is very good for recovering data from your HDD.