How do I recover my Facebook account if my email was hacked too?

Diane September 8, 2012

Both my Facebook and the associated Yahoo account have been hacked and I can’t get into either. I phoned Yahoo and they were no help because I couldn’t answer one security answer (that I don’t remember providing)/ I can’t get into Facebook because it will only send new passwords to my hacked Yahoo account. What can I do?

1. teresa love

i think some one trying to hacked in my email account she it trying to take all my friend a way from me i am upset and stress and angry about it i am fighting to go on facebook she not letting to me to have friend and i need to have friend she need to remove block or reporting it not nice a all i need it to stop now i don't like it i am fighing on facebook she it a bully to me it not nice what can i do about it

I can understand when someone unrest you.

Well,all you have to do is that block that particular person and then,it won't be able to communicate with you.Then,if you reset your password to stronger one,then it would be very difficult for that person to hack your account.You can also beef up security of your account by enabling https session,two factor authentication.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/what-is-two-factor-authentication-and-why-you-should-use-it/

2. happy charity

i was opening account on face book,,but i cant open because they are telling me that my email was taken,what should i do.i want to join facebook community??????????????

It seems that you had for long time not accessed your created account for a while,so it has been deleted and given to other.

So,in order to join Facebook,you need to create a new account and you have to log in regularly to maintain it in active state.

3. Neya

How can i recover my facebook if it was hacked? i really need to reset my password as soon

4. Shenouda Fathi

What is your oldest cousin's name?
    Added April 12, 2010

5. namneet kaur

my name is namneet kaur and i am from amritsar, on 27 to 29 oct 2012 my fb id was hacked. bt i got my id back then someone again hacked my id and changed security questions and my email address i am trying to get my account back but i am failing in this process. i have an govt id proof and i want to sent it for the verification of my account . but i am nt getting any process for this. pls help me

Looking into the scenario of your account getting hacked,you must use a password manager software like Lastpass and allow it to generate and save strong passwords,so that it'll release any burden for remembering it and your account would remain secure.

Try reporting your account to Facebook to get it back -

http://www.facebook.com/hacked

6. yumna khan

my facebook n yahoo id n password is hack.. and hacker is miss using my id n using abusive lang with my friend..i forget my security questions also.

7. peisley

my email password hacked how i know tha password

Kindly provide the name of your email provider (eg. gmail,Hotmail) so that you can get exact help.

8. Susan Pedersen

I know who hacked my account. He will not give me the password that he set therefore I cannot get into my account ! His name is Joshua Meade.

9. Rodger Miller

I cannot for some reason remember my password to get into my Facebook

10. hammed

my Facebook was hacked and someone has changed my email, password, phone number, and security question so that there is no way for me to get back on. When I go to enlist trusted friends, it says my account is not available, and I can’t do it.
    I am so frustrated, I have sent my ID into Facebook and they have not done anything and I really just want to get control over this. Please tell me you can help. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It's case that the hacker has removed much of your information to make your account non-recoverable.You can hope that reporting to Facebook can be little helpful -

http://www.facebook.com/hacked

11. didulagani

my facebooka account mail was hacked.what i do?

Try reporting your hacked account to Facebook.They will look into your account for possible recovery -

http://www.facebook.com/hacked

12. khushboo agarwal

wat else to do if my account is shown temprory locked..i dnt have pc i wan to recover my account from my phone only...

Wait for sometime as it's temporary.

13. syed ahmad naqvi

this prison hacked my account

14. Caroline Harrison

I had my email hacked and cant recover my facebook can you help

Since you didn't mentioned your email provider,kindly mention it.Regarding Facebook account -

http://www.facebook.com/hacked

15. Shilpi

Plase help me.

16. Nikhil Chandak

the use recovery friends option
    or recover from ur phone (if u hv updated in ur account )

17. Nishtha Kesarwani

Come whate'er be, le'me tell you one thin' first- that if you'r the legit owner o' the account, you always've the power and privilege to gain't o'er once 'gain, use your user name(facebook.com/username) and old password to attempt a login and tell us what happen'd

18. mahal kita

sumone was try to access my account..so now it is shown as TEMPORARY LOCKED....how will i recover again my fb....they were asking me for IDS.... :(

19. vivian

peopils sayme that we will hacked youe email acount that is i will ask from goverment thay are saying hacked those peopils which are you we will hacked

20. mayar

one day my facebook account were hacked and i am worried if my password and the email were hacked too so i want to return my facebook account so if u can bring for me your answer as fast as you can please i need my facebook

21. Sastha

I you are unable to log in to your Facebook account, click the Forgot your password? link located on the Facebook home page. Follow the steps to identify your account.

If you have access to any of the emails listed on your account, you can request that a new password be sent to these emails.

If you don't have access to any of the email addresses linked to your account, click the No longer have access to these? link under the list of email addresses. Follow the directions provided to answer your security question and regain access to your account.

22. bonioloff

NO HOPE, i am talking based on my experience, I also trying to contact them,, But they can not do anything..
    I lost it..

23. Gian Singh

contact facebook or yahoo support and explain the situation to them and they will work something out

24. Abby Rakshit

Try sending verification code to your phone from facebook,as soon as you receive them and you put it on link provided on facebook. change your password and than you can log in with same email address but a new address !!

• denisa

how can i do that ...???

• denisa

25. Nicky Angel

Facebook sometimes lets you to select some of your friends from your account, and sends them a code. You can then enter the code to recover.

• Omarion Vuitton Ryder

100002484608113

Try the suggestions listed in the link below -

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/recover-facebook-account-longer-log/

and use 2nd option.

27. venkatp16

Seems there is some option in FB to reset your account through another account.

• anushka sharma

how can i recover my fb account

28. MrXlover

You can recover your FB accout through your friens

29. Jhon H. Caicedo

If you associated your phone with your FB or Yahoo account probably can get some reset code sent to it and recover the account, that's why is important to provide alternate e-mail addresses /phone/security questions for recovery.

• mahal kita

WAT if i dnt hav it n my phone..wt else i can do...my account was shown as temporary locked.