How can I recover deleted text messages from my iPhone 4?

Narelle Pica July 7, 2012

How can I retrieve deleted text messages from my iPhone?

1. Danny Miller

If you have back up your text messages, you can restore from the backup.

To restore information from a backup, use one of the following methods after connecting your iOS device to the computer with which you normally sync:
    1. Right-click (or Control-click) the device and choose Restore from Backup
    2. If you have a new phone, you can connect to iTunes and it will prompt to restore from your backup
    Solution from

If you have no backup for your data on iPhone, iPhone data recovery software is your last shot! I used Tenorshare iTunes Data Recovery and it worked well. [Editor's Note: RATED UNSAFE] It's easy to use. Just a few clicks you can get all your data back.

2. tHe_icEmAn

NOTE: iDevice needs to be jailbroken!

1. Open Cydia
    2. Search for "UNDELETE SMS" or "MESSAGES2PDF"
    3. Follow the prompts...

3. Alisa Fish

You can use this software I have ever tried for recovering messages for iPhone.
    This program can help you recover deleted or formatted photos, video, audio files, documents and archives stored in the SD card inside your Android phone. It supports with all Android phone models and guarantees 100% security.
    Here is the details for you, take a look if you need, hope I can help you.

4. anna

if i wanna get back my text messages that i accidentally deleted, how can recovered data from iphone if i have never back up my phone?

5. Sudhir

I have deleted one number accidently, wherein I had messages (viber & watsapp) which is also lost. Please let me know how to retrieve them

6. Joleen

I've deleted some important texts by accident. I desperately need these. I have not sync my phone with itunes as I have a new labtop (the old one had a hardrive problem) and I do not know how to get it the phone to sync with my laptopn without deleting all my songs on my phone.

Is there a way to recover deleted texts on an iPhone4? These texts are VERY important!

• skip

I need to recover text messages from iPhone 4. I have tried many of the programs mentioned in these posts and keep getting stuck. Text Saver won't accept my backup location, so I get stuck there. Some of these programs are so over my head I give up. I backed up the phone with iTunes, so I can see that directory of gibberish, but nothing opens those files and they have no file extensions anyway. I must be doing something wrong, can any help?

• george L smith Jr

Trying to retrieve deleted messages from i phone

7. Anita

I accidentally deleted some messages on my iphone and would like to recover them but don't know how. Could you please help me. Thanks

• Evi

try 'total saver' or 'text saver'. Both work really well and will recovery the deleted text messages

• Ishi

Try text saver software.I've used it and was able to recover messages from my iphone's backup. See if that helps.
      I don't remember the exact link to their website..but you can download it from cnet

8. Jeremy jones

How can I retreve deleted pictures from my iPhone 4?
    Who all can retreve them as well?

• Qin Tang

It's much easier to recover the lost pics than recovering the lost texts. With some recover software like Power Data Recovery (a shareware), you can get your deleted pics back. Good luck!

9. iStoopKid

This post seemed to help a lot of people . Skim through that and you should find a solution since they asked the same question and solved their problem.

• Dalsan

If you use this app to protect and backup your phone, then you can easily retrieve any text message that were backed up. It uses pretty much a cloud service to keep your backed up data, from contacts and text messages to documents, music, pictures and I think videos. There is a 1GB limit on how much you backup, and you can set the frequency and when it backs up. In addition to this service, it has location services to locate a lost or stolen device using GPS, make it scream remotely even when on silent mode, deleting all information on your device remotely should it become lost, a firewall, and antivirus. It is a great all in one solution, and should you get a replacement device, you can restore the backed up data to the new device.