How can I recover deleted photos and files?

andy May 22, 2011

I accidentally deleted some photos from my computer and SD card. I want to recover the photos without downloading anything or bringing my computer anywhere and it needs to be 100% free.

1. Tejpal singh

by using recovery software we can recover deleted data , format data in any format.

2. Hchydraulics

Hello,
    Can somebody help me out here, I am trying to recover a website from 2006 that was terminated about a year ago. I have tried Google Chrome and all the Cached files but its not there, I have tried Internet Achives with the WayBack, and this brings up remnants of the website but unfortunately not the webpages that I'm looking for. Any ideas please??
    Matt

Matt,

I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas. I recommend that you post a new question, though!

3. peter101

download a program with the name recuva
    i had the same problem with you some months ago and i try a few programs and they may find some of the things i deleted but none of my photos, then i try recuva and i find them all :)

4. Vsara90

Thank you Fidelis. I may try n reply. 

Hello, from my own experience I recommend PhotoRec.  This program runs from command line but do not be deceived, it is really powerful.  I was able a couple of times to recover pictures and some other files after a reformat.  Here is the link:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

How to use PhotoRec:
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec_Step_By_Step

6. Vsara90

Thanks. Tina & Bruce Epper. Nice reply. There are so many ways to recover photos and deleted files. But not sure(in my thought). Because if you are gonna to recover and finally recovered the deleted which you've deleted. Almost you can't recover the data properly or fully. Becos its damaged if you are recovered the older deleted ones.

I'm not finding a way to recover which is deleted after formatting the system. May be u r familiar.

Thank You !
    VSARA90

If you have access to another computer (a friend maybe?), you can download various recovery packages that can be burned to a CD that will allow you to boot your computer from the CD and recover your delete files.

Look for Hiren's Boot CD or Ultimate Boot CD for Windows.  There are a ton of Linux LiveCD distributions will allow this type of recovery.  I normally have a current image file that I create using UBCD4Win, but I haven't updated it in months.  That is what I first reach for since is uses a BartPE (Mini-XP) environment that has specialized recovery tools as well as Anti-virus/Anti-Malware software with relatively current databases.

Andy,

it's possible to recover the photos. I assume you're using Windows. Did you look into your Recycle Bin already? You can easily restore them if they are still in there.

If your Recycle Bin is empty, however, I'm afraid I don't know of any way to recover the photos that wouldn't require you to download file recovery software!

Check out the answers to these questions:
    How can I recover a picture deleted from my SD card and hard drive?
    How can I recover a file deleted in Windows?
    How can I recover deleted data from a thumb drive?
    How can I recover deleted files in Windows?

Good luck!