How can I recover deleted files in Windows?
Question by fitzevy /

I need a free program to recover 3 JPEG’s I accidentally deleted from my computer 1/29/10 or 1/30/10. Or just tell me how to do this without a program.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• leslie

First check recycle bin,if you wont find means install a backup s/w and try to recover the file which you have deleted…….its very simple no need of backing up total files or no need of restoring the entire system…….

try easeus data recovery wizard free edition…u can recover 1gb of data for free….trust me its the best software in the lineup……

• Juan Marco

Its on, your backup disk!

• Dj Vikas

there are many recovery software  are available on the in the internet…use them.

• Balvinder Singh

I would recommend using Recuva. or Glary/Restorator….
    If you want to have a good back up utility, Comodo time Machine solves all the problem.  It is a great resource for backing up system state, files and hard disk with a very less space. It even returns non-booting systems back to original.
    But for the recovery purpose Recuva is recommended.

• Santiago

try glary utilities it will recover any kind of file that has been deleted recently

• AdityaRA

active file recovery

• BinarySemantics

Try restore option

• aijay

first of all if you accidentally deleted  file by shift+del or through recycle bin, than you have to choose any of these free software to recover your files, photos or anything.

recuva, from here- http://www.piriform.com/recuva, the best free recovery software.
        it is very easy to navigate, all you have to do to select a drive C OR D drive from    which you accidentally deleted your 3 JPEG’s, IF you are sure or have an idea you can choose from Pictures, Documents, Music, Video & Compressed files OR  if you are not sure from where the JPEG’s deleted you can retrieve all your drives by only cheking the box in the left sides of drives named. in program overview you can see files size, date of creation .
                 one thing that i personally faced you, when i recovered my files, there was three virus as avast warned me that was in hard disk. comes out with recovered files so do install a good anti-virus & scan after recovering your JEPG’s.

• Robertpowell12321

If you haven’t already, I would check your “recycling bin”. All deleted files go there first. Your recycling bin should be located on your desktop screen.