How can I recover data from a miniDVD that was erased in error?

Ila October 13, 2010

I have a video recorder which uses miniDVDs and in error I erased it. Is there any way I can retrieve the data? I am desperate! It had videos of my climb to 19,500 feet in Tibet and I will never be going there again.

1. Ila

I am going to try ISO buster - thanks for your help guys and I will let you know of the outcome.

• Ila

OK, I am totally unsavvy with the computer but I bought ISOBuster and right now I am at a point where it says recovered files 1-5 with file 1,3,4,6 as .vts_xx_o.ifo and file 2 and 5 as vob files with a combined total of 1.3G data. What do I do now? Thanks for any responses

I'm with Bruce. ISO Buster is the best for optical discs.

3. Ila

:( I will look into Disk Digger. I also researched online and came up with CD Roller - heard of it?

That is probably a huge file, chances of full recovery is slim unfortunately. I personally like Disk Digger, but also had good luck with Power Data Recovery for general data recovery.

5. Bruce

use a program called ISObuster. works like a charm

Ila,

I am not sure these will work for miniDVDs, but it's worth a try:
    Pandora Recovery
    FileRestorePlus

This is Windows software. Please let us know in case you are using a different operating system. Naturally, you will need to be able to read the miniDVD on your computer, i.e. you will need a DVD drive.

• Ila

Thanks Tina - we are using windows xp and vista - which laptop do you think I should use?

I don't think it matters.