How can I recover data after my computer was formatted?
Question by Shreekant Rathod /

I installed Windows XP ghost image on my PC yesterday. It formatted my whole PC. How to get my data back? Please reply quickly!

• John Park

when lost data due to format the hard drive. Well, do not worry! you can perform any formatting your disks and also get back your data. First we suggest that you download and install the free version and discover formatted files.

For more information :

• Bodi Hemanth

try recuvaa and icare data recovery and wonder share data recovery.

• prasad kondaveti

Use “EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard” and get your files back.

Hello, you could get the following software:

Keep in mind that this process will take a long time and also the free version only recovers 1 Gb of data.

Hello, you might want to try Active@ Partition Recovery. It is a paid program that can work magic depending on the circumstances. There is a free version but it will only recover 1 GB or so. Keep in mind that this process will take a long time. Here is the link:

• Rishabh Sharma

Very Slight Chance but you can use many recovery softwares available on market

• Steve Montgomery

Barring reloading data from a saved back-up, I’m afraid you’re pretty much up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
    If you had accidentally erased files, but hadn’t written anything to the drive since that time, you can recover the files easily. But if you’ve written anything to the drive, your chances of recovery go WAY down.
    Unfortunately, you might have to look at your situation as being just one of those learning experiences in life–and hopefully not overly expensive lesson.
    You can take small comfort from the fact that many of us have “been there, done that”, myself included. But I back up religiously now!

• Igor Rizvi?

You can use some free sfotware,like Recuva,but a payed one will do the job better..just google: recover data software

• Dewan Shrestha

its actually difficult to recover data after formatting but if you have only deleted the files then u can use softwares like recuva for the recovery