How can I recover my ADATA hard drive?

Tonka Mari? October 22, 2012

How to fix ADATA classic CH 94 external hard disk? I pulled it out of the computer without waiting for the message that I can do it, and it now says: the disk is corrupted of unreadeable/ or to read I should do ‘format’. I have a lot of important information on it, how to fix it without losing information?

1. Priya Agarwal

Use Recuva, the best recovery software

Try live booting a Linux CD like Ubuntu,Linux Mint.If successful,then it'll be able to browse your system files and then you would be able to recover it.

thank you so much, I'll let you know what helped me!

4. Boni Oloff

I think you can try Recuva from Piriform.
    There is a questin about it too, hope this can help:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/recover-data-formatted-drive/

perhaps if you use windows restore point to revert back to earlier state prior pulling out ADATA may fix your problm.

• Ahmed Khalil

i do not think this will solve it

You could try Recuva or GParted to recover the files. There are also tools from Paragon Software that can be use to undelete partitions (your partition table may have been fouled up). Just make sure that you don't write anything to the affected drive and any files you do recover should be written to another device. This is easier to do with Linux where you can easily mount the drive as read-only.