How can I record live TV to a pen drive?

Ashwin Raj March 22, 2012

I have a 4 GB pen drive and a Samsung LCD TV, which is USB compatible. Is there any software by which I can record live TV onto the pen drive? I have a cable connection.

1. Albee

Try Any Video Recorder to help you capture online videos or TV shows.
    It can save your recorded videos & TV shows to MP4 format, you can just transfer the videos to your pen drive.
    http://www.any-video-recorder.com/

If you have a video capure card in your computer, you can use Boxee to record the shows, convert them to a format that the TV would recognize and copy them to the USB device.  Depending on the model of the TV, you may be able to connect it to your home network and set up your computer as a streaming media center and just stream the stored programs on demand but you still will be recording the programming on the computer via a video capture card.  If you want to avoid all of that and you can connect your computer to your network, Samsung may have an app that will allow you to connect to sports sites on the internet and directly stream from there to your TV.  (I didn't dig through their app store to verify that they have anything that fits the bill for this purpose, but they do have Netflix available on my dad's Samsung TV, so they may have something similar for sports.)

3. Lee Smith

Tristar MX HD PVR Gameplay Recorder Player

4. Lee Smith

you can connect you PC to the TV and have an external TV tuner with recording fucntion, 
    this way you can record the program to your computer  
    or a HDD connected to the computer, 
    If you do not want to use a computer then there are TV recorder boxes available 
    that connect with the TV directly, 
    Actually you need a peripheral device between the TV and external HDD so that it can facilitate recording.