How to record FM radio in an Android which does not ‘stock’ingly support FM recording?

Dr.Sunil Vaswani October 15, 2012

From the local FM radio app in Android, how to record radio audio if the Android does not support this feature by itself?

1. Simon

If your phone support FM radio. Just plug in your Earphone and turn up the volume. Use RecForge Pro to record the Radio.

2. Sunil

Please note that question is not for Internet radio , but for native local fm radio for mobile phones

• VS Vishnu

dont think it is possible..

Hey Sunil, I also listen to radio a lot. And have a few app suggestions:

VS below linked to it below, where we discuss some of the barriers to direct recording FM shows. However, there are some workarounds:

Most local radio stations have internet radio feeds. In fact, in my local city, every single station has an internet feed which can be recorded if you have the right application. Even the public radio stations have live feeds. TuneIn is my favorite and there's both a free and a cheap version of the app.

Many shows now support podcasts, too, so you wouldn't even need to catch the show live. My favorite podcatching app is BeyondPod, although Google Listen is pretty good, too.

I suggest trying out a few of these, before using a recording app and going directly from your phone's speakers to the microphone.

4. Dimal Chandrasiri

I'm very sorry but android does not allow radio recording unless it's an internet radio. if you want to record any local radio, input the audio from the android to a pc sound input and record it from there... no other choice.

5. Harry Barnes

Install an app called tunein radio, there is a free version, and it supports radio recording.

6. VS Vishnu

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/android-built-fm-radio-recorder/

something similar to what you had asked..

if the chipset do not allow recording radio, you have to use online tools

zRadio:Internet Radio Recorder
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ksatta.irop

• Ahmed Khalil

thanks for this important share, this is important information for me