How can I record an all digital cable TV signal in Microsoft Media Center?

Gary February 10, 2011

My cable provider is moving to all digital. I currently have a cable line connected to my computer and I am able to record shows using the media center TV tuner and recorder. Because the cable provider is moving to all digital, they tell me I must use an adapter for my computer and all channel selection must go through the cable box.

Does anyone know how to record in Media Center if the cable provider is all digital? Thank you for your help.

Hello, it is not as hard as it sound. Connect the box as you normally would, then use the output video/sound connectors from your cable box to connect with the input connectors on your tuner. Most times the signal will be converted to an analog signal but the results might depend on whether you have an analog/digital tuner. Pretty much, most digital tuners have the capability of receiving over the air channels. The following link will give you an explanation and your options when using media center.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Set-up-a-TV-signal-in-Windows-Media-Center

• Gksheriff

Thank you for the suggestion and than you for taking the time to answer my question. I will let you know how it works. Thanks again!!

So, do you have any feedback on the issue? :-)