Can you recommended free, safe, invisible, and easy to use online trackers for my website?

Julia January 3, 2011

I’m looking for invisible safe trackers Mac OS X that I can put on my SingSnap.com account. I’d like one which shows more info about how long a particular person stays on a page as well as repeat visitors.

SingSnap.com is a Karaoke site, so I’d like to be able to tell if anyone really listens or if they just drop spam comments. I am not techie at all so talk. really. slow. :) Basic is best. I have Feedjit on there, but it’s not hidden and it doesn’t give much info.

1. Flutterbyby

As a singsnap User, I can tell if others are listening or just posting a comment. If you notice the comments are too close together, then someone may be jumping from one song or another. If you do or say something unusual at the end of the song, you can tell also, then prompt people to say something back. The songs always state how many viewers and how many comments you get, and I respect sometimes people pop in and out without commenting. That is okay too, I can make a song private if I wish or block a member if I don't like their comments or opinion.

2. Db575

For what she's wanting, just know that SingSnap does NOT allow Java-based code to be implanted. Therefore there's no referral link shown, only stats showing nearby city or time spent. kind of hard to figure out exactly WHO it is visiting.

If the Javascript isn't allowed I would suggest SiteMeter [http://www.sitemeter.com/]. Thought it's extremely simple to use it's rather limited when compared to StatCounter or Google Analytics.

3. Jayarathina Madharasan

As mentioned by rdube02 Google Analytics is one of the best. But it was way too complex for me. I use and also recommend StatCounter. Its has all the features you have asked for. And it is simple to understand and implement.

StatCounter is another good analytics site, especially for those who find Analytics a bit techie.

Honestly, Google Analytics is the best out there in my opinion (and it's free). If you sign up for an analytics account, all you have to do is copy and past the small snippet of code onto every web page for your site that you want to track - preferably you'd put it in a footer template, such as a WordPress template, so you only have to put it in one spot and it'll track every page.

What you get at anaytics covers everything you've mentioned - unique visitors vs page views, how long people stay on the page, how many people "bounce" - arrive on a page and then immediately leave the site, etc...

I haven't seen any other tracking service that offers the number of features Google Analytics does and is free - although someone could likely prove me wrong. :-)

Either way - take a look at it and let us know whether that worked for your situation?