Can you recommend a Windows Server 2003 backup software?

DAS April 4, 2010

What is a good, but inexpensive, Windows Server 2003 backup program?

1. Samantha Armano

Yes i agree with Urza! backing up with Genie-soft server is very easy and the price is competitive in comparison with other products! I am using their newly released Genie Timeline, it needs little user intervention and does the job, has a disaster recovery feature, retrieve deleted files feature and multiple performance modes. I would recommend this program to those who are not into getting into the hassle of backing up and in need for a reliable backup!

You can use Windows Backup on your Windows 2003 box. It comes free with Windows OS.
    Just click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Backup
    If you cannot get it there then just click Start > Run, and then type ntbackup, which immediately launches the backup in a wizard form.

Cool stuff.

3. Urza

What and how often are you intending to backup?

I've always been fond of Genie-Soft's backup solutions. Timeline for continuous file-level backups ala Time Machine, or Backup Manager for more traditional scheduling.

Acronis True Image is of course the more "de facto" solution, but the Home/Workstation binaries will not run on Windows Server platforms.