Can you recommend a Windows app to compose email very quickly?

Erez Zukerman October 26, 2012

Hi there,

I’m looking for a simple, lean, Windows app for composing email fast. It should be able to sync with my Gmail address book.

I would be able to run it, and instantly get a simple “new message” window, with address autocompletion. I would then write my email and send it via IMAP on completion (via Gmail).

I know I can compose a new message with Gmail using a bookmarklet, but loading the Gmail UI takes time. I am looking for something instant. Any ideas?

1. rohit pandey
  2. Raghav Gupta

Postbox.

3. josemon maliakal

oulook

Erez, I'm about 90% sure you already know what I'm about to tell you, but in the unlikely event you are unaware, here goes:

1. I believe you can use ANY e-mail client. Simply include a desktop shortcut with a hotkey combination directly to the compose window and just remember to set your preferred default client in Windows.

2. The lightest method is to use Gmail as your default client. In that event, you won't even have to install anything.

SOURCE

3. Another option is to include a direct link to the compose window in Gmail.

The direct link is:

https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&

If you're using Chrome, you can drag and drop the link to your desktop or address bar.

SOURCE

My suggestion is to use a hotkey combination to the desktop links on either. If you use Dropbox, you can sync the desktop link across operating systems. I use a similar method for storing important links.

SOURCE: me

5. Dino Pearsons

Have you tried Pokki?

Pokki allows you to run tiny apps from your quick launch toolbar and it has a tiny Gmail client.

https://www.pokki.com/app/Gmail-Lite

6. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Thunderbird or Postbox can do that. Or Outlook if you already have it in your office package. You're describing an email client. The plus side is that you can access your mails even while offline, and you can compose messages to send once you're connected to the internet.

What you are describing can be done with most email clients. There is a long list of free clients from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird and beyond.
    I use Thunderbird for all my email addresses and Gmail is one of them so its just to click on the client then on New Message, cant get simpler than that!