Can you recommend a website for keeping points from classroom activities?

simon_ahern August 23, 2012

I run activities with 4 groups over a week in a classroom. Every day they do activities to win points.

I want to find a simple website that allows me to enter 4 team names with zero points against each. Then every time I add points to a team, there is a noise as their points tally increases and their bar rises.

There are some similar apps out there, like Scorekeeper XL (iOS), but I would just like to know if a website exists that performs this simple function that I could quickly display to the class.

The kids love to see their progress and the competitive element works well for their motivation.

1. dhanunjayarao chunduri

try w3schools.com

2. Anton Kosyakov

Hi Simon!
    I'm a software developer and I'm thinking I can create such application for you.
    Please write me to discuss: anton.k.ekb at gmail.com.

3. Vijaynand Mishra
  4. Lauren

Class Dojo! Best classroom tracker ever! Just create a "student" for each group.

• Simon

Thanks Lauren!

ClassDojo is an excellent site and comes closer to what I'm looking for than I managed on my own. I'll definitely be using it in the future.

For this project however, I want to instantly add multiple points to groups and see & hear them increase in large increments. With ClassDojo, I can only add single points at a time, and I have to select whether the points are positive or negative every time.

I'm still wondering if there is a simple site out there for quickly totaling their scores in a dynamic and visually appealing way.

Great suggestion Lauren. Much appreciated. You get 10 points!

5. Haval Abdulkarim

Khan Academy is one of the best websites which let you to learn and coach others.

http://www.khanacademy.org